PDA

View Full Version : Song meaning

Apocalypse_ænima
07-18-2004, 02:33 AM
I thought of this earlier as i was sitting listening to ænima,

Maynard has took the word enima and added an A. Enima means that flooding of intestines. He has added the letter A to the word enima, Maybe because he is refering to America As The A added meaning A=America, , And enima meaning the flooding, Thus the flooding of America. Maybe maynard has had enough of americas ignorance, Basically how he says "fret" for Your hairpeice and what not. Fret meaning worry about. Because no one really stops to worry about the end of the world. See you down in Arizona bay Maynard.

pushing the envelope
07-18-2004, 10:13 AM
good thinking. but me along with others think that the A is for Anima, the feminine side of men.something like we need to get in touch with ourselves, i think.

Orph8998
07-23-2004, 08:07 PM
yeah on acounta that in lvie shows he says it is abotu the works of carl jung, i would have to say i am pretty damn sure it is a for anima, the anima being your soul, so it is an enima for you soul...

however in my 12 pyramids post which got little response, it states tha america's pyramid represents the feminin side of the world, so maybe he is hittign two birds with one stone...

Abstract
07-24-2004, 11:04 AM
This song's not so easy to understand... I think is about the flooding of California, I tend to go by the simple way :)

Circe
07-24-2004, 01:38 PM
I think most of Tools music functions on many levels and there are mixed metaphors through out, even in one song. So, yeah, it's probably about flooding california, but there's much more than that. This is why I like tool so much. You can take things as they are on the surface, you know, just go with the obvious, or you can dig around and look deeper.

So, basically this song is all of those things you think it is, plus much more. Besides that, experiencing music is a very subjective thing. You choose to relate lyrics and emotions brought about through the music to your own life experiences. Tools music has many dominant themes through out that I relate to, but other people I know have different reactions to the same thing.

My point: We are all right as to what this music means to each of us. What it means to the guys in the band, we can only guess. But thats fine by me.

eon_yellow_apocalypse
08-16-2005, 07:02 AM
the album is called Aenima, but the song is called Aenema,
wat dus Enema mean??

paraflux
08-16-2005, 10:05 AM
When you slide a plastic tube up your ass and inject your colon with cleansing products.

Barren
08-16-2005, 12:26 PM
an enema could be with alcohol or a drug as well.... no not from experience....

think Bill Hicks comedy routine + loss of all hope for mankind....

i thought that the characteristics of both sexes mentally had something to do with the album name or song name... im not sure

SpiralExit
09-05-2005, 11:22 AM
I hope the end comes too soon.. I'm sick of being a human.

Life feeds on life
09-06-2005, 06:55 AM
My interpretation of this song is obviously the end of the world. It's all about how civilization of the world is completely fucking up the world spiritually, and physically. Clearly, most of these lyrics and quips are taken directly from Revelation in the bible. Some are also by a man named Hal Lyndsey who is a doomsayer and has many books which originated in the early 70's (The Late Great Planet Earth). Most of the revlations of doomsayers are that a piece of California will split around the San Andreas fault and eventually drift off into the Pacific Ocean and possibly sink. Sending all of the people of the work into disbelief. When Manyard talks about Mom's Going to fix it all soon, he means Mother Earth, or mother nature. Mother Nature always wins in the end. When He says "Fuck........" when all of this shit like Armageddon comes around, actress, material possessions and mainly money doesn't mean shit when your running from the end of the world, because there is onle one judge in the very end. Mother nature.

lateralus freak
09-11-2005, 10:35 PM
this is some fucking profound shit. i love it.
please continue

DJOX
09-14-2005, 08:44 AM
For me the song is about Hollywood. The piles of bullshit movies that come out of that factory of commercial garbage. The "jetset" dumbass actors and actresses being in a lable, naive state of mind. Not having their own opinion. Joining new found religions like the scientology church (look at Tom Cruise etc.) just because it's like a fashion item to them. Feeling spiritually enlightened, but continuing to live their materialistic lives (even though together they could feed all the poor people living on this planet). Flush it all away. All those hypocrit people with plexiglass auras.

Greetings