PDA

View Full Version : Drumming 46%2

IC
07-15-2004, 06:26 AM
ok can get through this song, and for the first time yesterday, I played the solo break correctly. I still need to practice, but im getting it down. That part in the break was getting me; he would do these accents on the +'s of the beats, but went over the bar line, so it was hard, and nearly pointless to count out loud. keepin workin on it..
anyone else get through this break? any suggestions for gettin through it would be great

gottagetaway
07-27-2004, 12:56 PM
Yo, i've started learning this song over the past week. I'm trying to learn as much as possible before a wee jam. But i aint been drumming long so its quite challenging. I've just learnt to link the preverses vereses and chorus's.
As for the solo, i'll leave that the now hahah. Good luck though! just keep practising it slowly and build it up.
Sorry if that was no help at all.

WitheringMyIntuition
08-10-2004, 09:39 PM
www.imesh.com Download the live video of 46&2 and you'll see how Danny does his solo. I learned the solo in 3 minutes lol.
Good luck :)

Merkabæ
08-30-2004, 11:10 AM
www.imesh.com Download the live video of 46&2 and you'll see how Danny does his solo. I learned the solo in 3 minutes lol.
Good luck :)

There's a video of Forty Six & 2???

Anyways... the drum part isn't that bad, the worst parts are the solo and when he goes hella fast at the peak (the part where the guitar goes d c d# d c d# d c f in drawn out notes on the higher d octave). The timing is hard to get on the solo... and I always get mixed up with the alternating crash/ride part in the beginning of it.

Sometimes it helps to get really baked and try to do it, it helps concentration.

Rhymeandreason
09-02-2004, 10:54 PM
Hey pat, posted as per your advice, good to hear your learning, I would like to hear it sometime, get Gary to learn it to. It would be some treat.

IC
09-04-2004, 05:18 PM
rock on kev ;)

Merkabæ
09-27-2004, 09:16 AM
i'm sorry. i found this to be really funny. maybe it affects you differently, though. with me i can hardly pay attention to my own thoughts.

Well generally I can't keep track either. But when you're in the right mood, it helps alot because all of your attention is directed toward the drumming.

D-man
11-02-2004, 02:11 AM
[QUOTE=InnerCombustion]ok can get through this song, and for the first time yesterday, I played the solo break correctly. I still need to practice, but im getting it down. That part in the break was getting me; he would do these accents on the +'s of the beats, but went over the bar line, so it was hard, and nearly pointless to count out loud. keepin workin on it..
anyone else get through this break? any suggestions for gettin through it would be great[/QUOTE

I've been playing for 10 years and after all that technical shite that i tried with this song, for me the easiest way was just to listen to it over, and over, and over, and over, and over...etc etc. You pick up exactly where things are just from hearing a bell or something small, then you'll work out that after that bell he kicks bass twice then it's a certain fill. It's what i call literal counting, as in counting how many hits or kicks he does, not necessarily counting beats. Eventually you'll be able to play it in ur head, then improvise it and add stuff in too! If all else fails, visit www.dannycarey.org and watch the virtual clinic in the education section.
Good luck!
D-man.