PDA

View Full Version : title says more than the lyrics

david_19690106
01-18-2003, 12:41 PM
What is a hooker with a penis?

Does Maynard mean a transexual prositute?...or a "hustler", which is a guy who sells himself to gay men , even though he isn't a homosexual himself?

Hmmmm.....and how does this relate to TOOL and their fans?

I believe Maynard means that TOOL is a hooker with a penis.

On the surface, TOOL are a heavy rock band with cool visuals and an enigmatic front man.
But underneath, there is something else....something you were not expecting.....and perhaps not wanting.

I think this song was written for all the fans who only like the "heavy, headbanging thrash-metal" that is but one aspect of TOOL.

The fans who cry "sell-out!!" when they hear something , or see something that does not fit their idea of what TOOL is .

The people who feel because they bought a CD or ticket, have ownership of what TOOL does.

The boy with vans, 501's, and beastie t's is also just a metaphor for the "consumer".....the marketplace.

Consumers are the same people that make and sell the shit that consumers buy.

I think "hooker with a penis" is also a stab at the hypocrites in our society who blame the loggers for cutting down trees, but then buy 2-ply asswipe and buy wooden homes......the hypocrites who blame the oil industy for polluting the air, but still buy SUV's.....the hypocrites who want to throw the toxic waste dumpers in prison, but think nothing of flushing paint thinner down a toilet.

I like this song because it points out the obvious in a light-heartd way......we are all in the same boat.
We are all worthy of blame as well as praise ......everyone is a hypocrite .....at least 50 times or so in their lives......point the finger up yer own ass......you might enjoy it!!

MushroomStamp
01-21-2003, 05:07 AM
uh.. its just a facade to mislead people. They were in the "think for yourself" phase when they released Ænima so the title for this song was designed to give fodder to people who make conclusions without listening and thinking first. Several reviews have comments that prove that they didn't LISTEN to the song and made judgements purely on the title without taking the time to explore what the song was really about. Funny stuph :) .