PDA

View Full Version : idolatry

nenagh
01-18-2003, 11:19 AM
I THINK sober is about false and true idols. Just the fact that Jesus is called is recognizing his existence. And why do people whistle? To get someones attention, someone who needs it. I find it wierd that Jesus is spoken of in the third person one verse and, according to some of the messges on this board, first person in the next. Wierd. Maybe "I" is actually the 'rockstar' talking, just some regular man with a microphone who millions idolize. Whoever reads this, if you know anything about Christ it is that He was good. Son of God or not, His message was good - thats inarguable. To idolize some rock star up on stage signing about whatever rhymes before Jesus, for the benefit of the Athiests we'll say Jesus and not assume that he was the Christ, is totaly unthoughtful and simple. Christianity, Judaeism and Islam, not religion, gets a hard time in our society. Why? Only because they're established. Anyone who has read the Old and New Testaments and the Qua'ran know that Jehovah and Allah are the same God, and on a level of doctrine the three religions are almost identical. I can only imagine the numbers of people who have bad mouthed Christianity without ever reading the Bible, or how many people judge Islam based on the '"fundamental Muslims" shown in the news whose actions are by no means Islamic.

P.S. Sober up to the fact that the people who wrote these Books had more knowledge of life and life experience than some twenty-something dude from America who grew up in front of a television. Buddy who grew up with Guns 'n Roses and Buffy the Vampire Slayer is more intelligent and "rational" then these people, eh? I don't think so.