PDA

View Full Version : Does this song remind you of...

Skate_03
01-17-2003, 10:51 AM
This song always makes me think of a big cat or something running either in the jungle or somewhere like that. The continuous drums (sorry i don't know what instrument it is, but it always has a pair of beats, and its played throughout the whole song) screeching sound that comes every once in a while also helps that impression.

does anybody else know what the purpose of this song would be? it's great, and id be perfectly fine with it just being there because it sounds so good.

Penguin
01-17-2003, 05:16 PM
A cat, eh? Hehe that's interesting.. not sure about a meaning for the song..

Jebus
01-18-2003, 03:32 AM
I didn't think the cat, but I definitely got the jungle. From reflection too i spose, that makes me think of jungle. Maybe it's just the tribal sounding drums and shit....

What do I know...

ObviousParadox
02-09-2003, 12:11 AM
mine was more of like someone laying me on an operating table and then probing me with tons of embarassing instruments...wait...that was my physical.

4th Eye
02-10-2003, 03:16 AM
First thing that came to my mind when listened to this was Roman empire and chariot-races. Don't know how....

pushitinme
03-08-2003, 06:15 PM
when i first heard the song it made me think something of ritualistic voodoo, but now its just makes me think of the color grey, not sure of the meaning of the song...

J1516
03-11-2003, 02:39 PM
sea of distorted almost static colors, very blue and white tunnel in the middle with flashes of all kinds of bright colors then another sea of colors except learer, flashing, and denser.

Æon
08-18-2003, 03:15 PM
Yeah, it has a very Sepultura feel to it.

ohshuashua
08-18-2003, 04:39 PM
i have a feeling of being chased, the ebb and flow of the song making it feel like i'm pulling away, and then getting caught, and just when i think i've escaped at the end, i'm caught.

Krypto
09-06-2003, 02:13 PM
i have a feeling of being chased, the ebb and flow of the song making it feel like i'm pulling away, and then getting caught, and just when i think i've escaped at the end, i'm caught.

wow....... you just totally changed my look on that song.

Until now, I always thought of the colour red when I heard it. Nothing specific, just red.

IC
09-06-2003, 05:47 PM
floor toms, bass, off-snare, and a china cymbols. very affective for their purpose in the song

Etamina
09-07-2003, 06:12 PM
Until now, I always thought of the colour red when I heard it. Nothing specific, just red.

I too think of the color red, as if i was watching a traing come racing across my field of vision while i was wearing red glasses. I don't think of anger of anything of that sort, just energy.

Zeromus
10-12-2003, 11:30 AM
When i heard this song i think in th beginning of some world. Like our ice age but completly difrent. i saw a sea of fire and in a giant prehistoric fire bird (like phoenix or something like it) fliying over the sea of fire.

and i thought "this must be the sound that god used to create the earth"

AllforUnity
10-12-2003, 11:38 AM
When l think about Triad, l think about the connection between songs...and l think about the connect between different things in the world...just a thought.

RRed
10-12-2003, 09:16 PM
When i heard this song i think in th beginning of some world. Like our ice age but completly difrent. i saw a sea of fire and in a giant prehistoric fire bird (like phoenix or something like it) fliying over the sea of fire.

and i thought "this must be the sound that god used to create the earth"

Very good.........I am glad someone has had the same thought. Thats exactly what, at least I believe, this song is about. Do some research on what Triad is and means or at least what this reference maybe...... It is diffinately a very sacred number and a common motif in so many seperate mythologies and cosmologies though out the ages that it can't be coincidence.

Think about this...as I have proposed before...... Maybe Triad is the first song in this progressive work?

Triad,The Grudge, Ticks and Leaches, Schism, The Patient, Disposition, Reflection, Eon Blue Apoc, Parabol, Parabola, Mantra, Lateralus................The Ain!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And obviously, last but not least Faip......and how do you think this fits in??? Good question.

RRed

Zeromus
10-13-2003, 01:36 PM
How about this?

01 - Triad (just the opening)
02 - Eon blue Apocalipse
03 - The Patient
04 - The Grudge
05 - Mantra
06 - Schism
07 - Parabol/Parabola (with the strange sound of the video)
08 - Ticks & Leeches
09 - Disposition
10 - Reflection
11 - Faaip de Oiad
12 - Lateralus
13 - Triad (Full)

not bad, uh

Tantobourne
10-13-2003, 01:50 PM
I think of a cinematic for Warcraft.

AllforUnity
10-13-2003, 08:47 PM
l don't know about that album change...l think that the album was place perfectly. Triad being the opening would of course be fine...but why change so much of it, and put Fiaap de Oiad before Lateralus?

Tantobourne
10-13-2003, 08:56 PM
l don't know about that album change...l think that the album was place perfectly. Triad being the opening would of course be fine...but why change so much of it, and put Fiaap de Oiad before Lateralus?I think they should have just stuck an intermission/bathroom break in the middle of the concert set and piped Fiapp de Oaid on a loop into all the bathrooms right above each urinal and stall; maybe a couple outside in the smoking section, too.

-Tant

J_U_D_I_T_H
10-15-2003, 09:36 AM
This song, like most other people have suggested, does give the sense of.......well tribal stmospheres anyway due to the tribal rythm of Danny's drumming and the often wild-like effects of Adam's guitar playing aswell as the sampled vocals in the 1st half. I wouldn't say jungle exactley because this song reminds me more of browns,blacks and greys as with the rest of the album's theme but certainly something natural.

newmoon2112
10-15-2003, 07:30 PM
I think they called it Triad because it is basically an instrumental of the three musicians,therefore,"triad".I like how Maynard sneaks in there though with the war cry.

Kicker2d1
10-18-2003, 10:48 PM

I liked that idea. I always pictured this song to symbolize someone spiritualy getting close to something. Learning something with the mind through this experience that he/she can't put to words. And being ok with the fact he/she can't explain it. Whether through love for someone or meditation. And within the meditation picture it as a meditation on something. A question maybe, or a koan. Then picture it as meditating towards enlightenment... or no thought. They get close enough to know they are on to something, then they realize they began to think and lose it. Thanks for the new thought on the song!

StinkfistJEff
10-18-2003, 11:15 PM
I think its about leaving ones body.

dischordance
10-20-2003, 03:44 AM
So, anyway, like, Triad reminds me of this one time at school, right, where I liked this chick, yeah, but she was dating the captain of the football team.

Other than that, however, I agree with StinkfistJEFF (don't hurt me for that) - Triad is an outer body experience. Probably the trippiest fucking song Tool have created thus far.
As for what I visualise... Strange, alien things - the universe as some kind of machine. Cogs turning, flying through alien landscapes....
Like Third Eye, it reminds me of that "Through the stargate" scene of 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Plus, this one time at school, when, like....

Quinten
10-21-2003, 10:38 PM
When I hear this song I think desert, but you really have to think about stuff. I dont just mean..white sand. I think of large a tremendous Sand storm and you are flying over and through it at incredibly fast speeds and there are the egyptians and their gods and pyramids and you create a cyclone and you are the center of it and the red sand whips and howls around you and the dark, glowing sunset sky trembles with your might....UGH!..its just amazing!

spiralus4920
03-21-2004, 06:22 PM
It sounds "industrial" to me. Just the way the instruments and drumming pull togehter, it sounds very mechanical.

Chaos Theory
03-22-2004, 08:48 PM
I see... power. No real description as to what it looks like, I just see in my mind's eye a pure essence so powerful and forceful that it could create and unmake what it wishes.

This song seems to use many different types of sound and distortion.

I wonder what a person with synesthesia would "see" while listening to this track...

Metamorphosis
03-22-2004, 10:00 PM
when i first heard of this song, i thought of Area 51... and i still do...

africanherbsman
03-22-2004, 10:10 PM
I think of jihad, or some thing of that nature. I see this person who is entirely devoted to a cause you know.

Metamorphosis
03-23-2004, 01:11 AM
ahhh, it has come to my attention that everyone who has posted in this thread is currently online!!! you know how freaky that is? same with many other threads... is everyone in these forums online 247?

AllforUnity
03-25-2004, 06:36 PM
Wow...that is pretty crazy.

munted_soul
03-27-2004, 12:57 AM
i always saw like two gangs of rundown bums marching threw like an aged mechanical city towards eachother, reaching eachother and beating the shit out of eachother, but after hearing all these it certainly made me think of all your opinions

ÆnimaticEnigma
04-10-2004, 02:23 PM
To me it was like some abstract jungle (mainly from Reflection's preset mood) that has a touch of african flavor... It also reminded me of airplanes...go figure

s ti N Kfizt
11-03-2005, 12:01 PM
When i first head this song i didn't know it's name Triad... it made me think of somekind of swarm what moves in the desert, don't know why.

Perseensilmä
11-03-2005, 12:08 PM
Se on muuten that eikä what... thattiä käytetään niinku joka- sanana tässä tapauksessa... ;P

This song reminds me of a giant bat!

Chaos Theory
11-03-2005, 12:12 PM
I see... power. No real description as to what it looks like, I just see in my mind's eye a pure essence so powerful and forceful that it could create and unmake what it wishes.

This song seems to use many different types of sound and distortion.

I wonder what a person with synesthesia would "see" while listening to this track...
Wow... I was a pretentious fucktard in early 2004.

s ti N Kfizt
11-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Se on muuten that eikä what... thattiä käytetään niinku joka- sanana tässä tapauksessa... ;P

This song reminds me of a giant bat!
Se on muuten cat eikä bat... cattia käytetään niinku kisssa-
sanana tässä tapauksessa... ;P Ei vai-nes-kaa-n.

Giant bat is interesting.. i think it's good that this song doesn't have vocals..though it should be longer, and i agree with someone that this song would be the key to the next album.. at least i hope that next albums has some similarities.

Chaos Theory.. i know, i hate my old posts too.. but i don't like you much even at this moment. Though i love you.

Chaos Theory
11-04-2005, 11:54 AM
Chaos Theory.. i know, i hate my old posts too.. but i don't like you much even at this moment. Though i love you.
You're gonna have to talk to Foamy about that. He loves me too.

cold and faded anger
11-10-2005, 09:07 AM
When I hear this song I think desert, but you really have to think about stuff. I dont just mean..white sand. I think of large a tremendous Sand storm and you are flying over and through it at incredibly fast speeds and there are the egyptians and their gods and pyramids and you create a cyclone and you are the center of it and the red sand whips and howls around you and the dark, glowing sunset sky trembles with your might....UGH!..its just amazing!

dude i get about the same kind of thoughts...minus the Egyptians and more like an Arabic kinda deal.

Dedicated_TOOLfan
02-17-2006, 08:27 PM
an uneasy steadiness....

The Official Fiction
03-15-2006, 04:20 AM
totally istanbul

hateAliases
03-26-2006, 05:31 PM
when i listen to it, what comes to my mind is a train, or maybe a train station.... likely because of the sound in the beginning reminds me of rails or some....

anyway.... does anyone have an idea why the song has this big break before Faaip de Oiad?! Cant explain it to myself. been listening to this break with headphones on, looking for something hidden in it but there was nothing and yep.....does anyone know something abhout it?! or maybe its just kind of a "clear your ears" thing...

circulus
03-29-2006, 06:12 AM
Yeah, it has a very Sepultura feel to it.

shut up.

Cyrus
04-02-2006, 08:02 AM
I get all my feelings about this track from the guitar solo right before it crashes down on you. It peaks in sound, then starts rolling down, gaining speed then just falls.

lifefeedsonlife
04-03-2006, 10:01 PM
This letdown of an album closer sounds like an episode of survivor.

Mr. Tool
04-10-2006, 09:52 AM
This song makes me think of space, the emptiness and chaos of it...I find it very relaxing