PDA

View Full Version : Badass Mentality

Mr Omnipotent
06-22-2004, 11:08 AM
this song is indubitably about maynard availing someone for sexual desire and that the only purpose this other party has is to fuck him and shut up. a tool if you will. you can compare the meaning of this song to part of me. the other person is just an expendable apendage...

"but what you want and what you need, dont mean fuck to me"

this is just my thoughts but i think im pretty damn close, songs like this is just maynard making the statement "im a goddamn badass, i can do anything i want weither it be something atrocious or not and you know youll fucking love it"

peace out

Undertolerance
06-24-2004, 01:39 PM
I still see this song as being about something or someone being pulled or forced out of your life, and you have no control over the outcome. Some part of you wants it to stay the same but your mind tells you otherwise. Thus you are torn between what you want and what you need, I also see that Maynard flips to POV used in this song. From the person it involves and the place or person. But this song can also verywell be about a relationship that has lots of ups and downs(and not just in bed). It would seem that the relationship has been turned upsidedown and nothing is how it was, and neither are completely happy about it, but they don't know what needs to be done to fix it. So basically nothing at all is done and the problem never goes away. As hard as the they push one another away one wants the other back..."say you won't go...away"

Mr Omnipotent
06-24-2004, 05:36 PM
yeah i see what your saying, but also the fact that he says hed stick a knife in the persons back makes me think of him being in control in the relationship, and cant stand to be beaten... thanks for the insight