PDA

View Full Version : multiple meanings

been here before
06-19-2004, 06:57 PM
Forty-six and 2 like so many other tool songs, has multiple meanings. the one that reaches out to me the most is the concept that's in your life when you have a destructive situation or learning experience that you should be able to step through the shadow and eventually move on. yes, i am saying get past your fears, questions, and doubts. for me that is the meaning it takes on. yes i believe the chromosome theory would probably be what maynard had in mind at his level of inteligence

any other ideas?

Triangular_Vision
06-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Forty-six and 2 like so many other tool songs, has multiple meanings. the one that reaches out to me the most is the concept that's in your life when you have a destructive situation or learning experience that you should be able to step through the shadow and eventually move on. yes, i am saying get past your fears, questions, and doubts. for me that is the meaning it takes on. yes i believe the chromosome theory would probably be what maynard had in mind at his level of inteligence

any other ideas?

im gonna stick with the evolution of the dna theory... but yes tool does take on multibles upon multibles of meanings...

Merkabæ
09-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Any song can have multiple meanings. That's kinda the point.

GAiDEN-CHaKRa
12-03-2004, 06:20 AM
multiple meanings of whatever you want them to mean, i think thats why he will never tell you the real meaning of what he intended, so you can believe what you want and be inspired how you want the song to inspire you. It's like "this song makes me not affraid of my fears no more" then maynard says "no thats not what its about" and it will bring people down and not think as much of the song anymore