PDA

View Full Version : The point of Meditation!!

radoak
06-18-2004, 05:00 PM
Ok so my question is. Whats the point of breath meditation???????????????????. According to Alan Watts its just a way of "Grooving with the eternal now"(Nothing more!!!). Ideas such as spiritual advancment are just an illusion of the mind ie... if i believe im spiritually advanced, thats like putting yourself "above" every1 else. Sooo if the point of life is always found in the pressent . What is meditation supposed to be doing to change my pressent states of being????????

a way to slow down the chatter???? But im always thinking!!!!!!
meditation just causes confusion in my life. If i try be calm(or whatever), that just irritates me cause i suck at it

alexxxthearab
08-17-2005, 05:03 AM
Ok so my question is. Whats the point of breath meditation???????????????????. According to Alan Watts its just a way of "Grooving with the eternal now"(Nothing more!!!). Ideas such as spiritual advancment are just an illusion of the mind ie... if i believe im spiritually advanced, thats like putting yourself "above" every1 else. Sooo if the point of life is always found in the pressent . What is meditation supposed to be doing to change my pressent states of being????????

a way to slow down the chatter???? But im always thinking!!!!!!
meditation just causes confusion in my life. If i try be calm(or whatever), that just irritates me cause i suck at it

when you meditate, your supposed to clear you mind of everything. It isn't easy to do, n takes a lot of practice. What i get from it is just being able to relax and forget all the outside bullshit goin on around me, enabling me to calm down and make descions based on what i think i should do, as opposed to just reacting to what people do to me. Until you can clear your mind of all thoughts, you'll never get any benefit from it. I say just keep trying, it does have beneficial effects, but their not easy to collect. It's kind of like a reverse coke for your mind, but thats just my experiance. Eventually you will be able to meditate, and then put yourself into any mood you feel necesarry. Keep trying it man, it's not for everyone, but its something to look into,