PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Mark D
01-15-2003, 08:10 PM
Not a suggestion but a question. I have been in many threads that people have mentioned "flame wars". This is my first time in one of these kind of posting sites and I was wondering what a flame war is. I get the feeling that it is not a good thing. Please fill me in. I think that maybe the rules for posting should include something about this. Also I would like a moderators definition of "spamming". Not that I would spam here. Just wondering.

dan
01-15-2003, 10:19 PM
a flame war basically occurs when a thread declines into nothing but a few people aguing and insulting back and forth. does nothing useful but take up valuable space.

spamming is, according to my theory and relating to this board, when you either start a new thread just advertising your website or other content, or you advertise your site/content in a thread that it has nothing to do with.

better?

Pro_Art
01-20-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by dan
spamming is, according to my theory and relating to this board, when you either start a new thread just advertising your website or other content, or you advertise your site/content in a thread that it has nothing to do with.

Ah, so that's why my link was replaced with "www.linkremoved.com/spamming".

I got the idea now, so if you wish to delete my message
in the interact>arts section, its fine with me. I wasn't
trying to spam, just supply artists with a place to post
their art, for linking and as an art gallery as well. At
least I tried...

Pro_Art (Protocol Artisan)

dan
01-20-2003, 03:42 PM
well, if we've already got a tdn gallery, why go elsewhere?

Pro_Art
01-21-2003, 10:14 AM
I've since lost interest in the gallery idea anyway because my life's actually getting busy now and I don't think I'd have the time to update it at a reasonable pace. That's why I was asking if you could delete the message. The thread is closed, so I can't delete it. Can you delete it, pleeeeeeeease?

Pro Art (Protocol Artisan)

Pro_Art
01-28-2003, 08:07 PM
Now that my plead has been answered, there's no need for my messages in here. I'll be deleting them soon, just forwarning.

Thanks,

Pro Art (Protocol Artisan)