PDA

View Full Version : a new thought

cfhrevolutioncfh
06-05-2004, 11:40 PM
A pre-completed version of this song can be heard on Salival's Pushit in the beggining when Maynard is talking....just to let you guys know if you didn't already. Maybe, there is a connection of sorts between "The Patient" and "Pushit." As far as meaning goes, "The Patient" can be considered a pre-quel to "Pushit." But I may be wrong...tell me what you think.

satanpie
06-10-2004, 06:55 PM
i dunno , maybe , i never really thougt about that......... >>
<< korr bbbbang

g-bay-be
06-11-2004, 12:02 PM
or MAYBE! they wrote eon blue apocolapse a long time ago and just preformed it as he was talking... with the great reaction from salival... they put it on LAtERALUS!

AllforUnity
06-14-2004, 07:00 PM
Maybe he just liked it in Pushit, and decided to recreate it into being a new song.

nickknocker
06-14-2004, 09:04 PM
Yeah it's weird that they sound similar, but those two are different songs altogether. They get mixed up cuz they both start out with the same tremolo picking (really fast) on the same note.

Disgustipating
08-11-2004, 05:14 PM
or MAYBE! they wrote eon blue apocolapse a long time ago and just preformed it as he was talking... with the great reaction from salival... they put it on LAtERALUS!

i doubt that. There is a popular theory that this song was written as a tribute to adam jones' dead dog (eon). And the dog only recently died (recent to the release of lateralus of course..)

Mr Omnipotent
08-12-2004, 04:03 PM
yeah i noticed that... i also think its kinda funny that maynard in an interview BEFORE lateralus used the term "over thinking and over analyzing"

3dglver
08-16-2004, 11:29 AM
That is ironic that he would use that term. I will have to look into this and see what I come up with. If you wish, when I have a theory, I'll share it with you all.

exojjl
09-24-2004, 08:00 PM
That is ironic that he would use that term. I will have to look into this and see what I come up with. If you wish, when I have a theory, I'll share it with you all.

It is not ironic at all.
That is him and what he says.
There is no need to look into the term. ITs right there in front of you. I know what it means, and where he used it at in a interview.
I have posted somewhere what it mean, somewhere on the lateralus forums

Triangular_Vision
10-06-2004, 06:53 AM
see, there are alot of people that use that as backfire saying that we are over analysing the whole band... i say this. In opiate, maynard is not really against christ... it is aimed at getting you passionate about the song, then throwing curve balls to test the strength of your morals and hopefully breaking them if they do not have enough free flow (open mindness). In "Over thinking over analyzing seperates the body from the mind" it sounds like he is saying don't do this, but rather, i believe he is encouraging it on multible levels.
-1 he is reminding you to keep a big picture and not to only focus on small intracate things only
-2 he is telling you to also focus in on those details of your life you are not too sure of. See where those cracks and crevices lead to, or what that feeling is you cant quite put a finger on
-3 he tells you the effects of what is to happen if you stay off in la la land for too long.. it withers your intuition and makes you miss opportunities. basically he is motivating you to keep a very well rounded approach at life. Hense the term open mind.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-07-2004, 07:32 PM
see, there are alot of people that use that as backfire saying that we are over analysing the whole band... i say this. In opiate, maynard is not really against christ... it is aimed at getting you passionate about the song, then throwing curve balls to test the strength of your morals and hopefully breaking them if they do not have enough free flow (open mindness).

Yeah, totally.

That, or he was just singing about how he dislikes religion.

Triangular_Vision
10-08-2004, 05:12 AM
thats what i was trying to say. Just not in so many words ;)

Saying that maynard dosn't like religion is not a complete truth. He dislikes the 3rd party leaders that use religion as a "tool" to control simple minded people. Using the name Jesus simply lables something that cannot be labled just like God. I dont know if im the only one that feels this way... but almost every basic religion is trying to say the same thing from its ORIGIN. It gets distorted through time and leaders... Plus not one of them tells the whole truth because no-one knows the whole truth. This is the biggest problem because many religions claim to be "the way" "the truth" "The one and only" when they are only PART of the parabola.

Cyanide ChrYst
10-08-2004, 08:12 AM
Somewhere along the lines Josh Freeze shared an opinion I think the entire band agrees with; something about disliking religions that form themselves into rigid institutions.

Triangular_Vision
10-10-2004, 06:29 PM
yup