PDA

View Full Version : What The Patient means to me.

whiteroomeyes
01-14-2003, 11:32 PM
I got sick right after Lateralus was released. Very sick. I threw up 30 or so times a day and was down to 120 pounds in a matter of months (I usually weight 160). The doctors had no idea what it was. I was put on a rotating battery of drugs just to see if anything would work. I spent alot of time in the hospital. I hate hospitals. Enter Tool. One day I was waiting to be x-rayed, I was waiting for what seemed like forever and I had brought my trusty sidekick Sony with me. I put in Lateralus and when the first few notes of The Patient came on I felt like I had been swollowed by the music. Then the lyrics came in. I hadn't listened much to this song since the album had come out, I was more into The Grudge and Lateralus, but it was like what I was experiencing had all just come together in the first verse of that song. There were many hospital visits after that, lots of needles, lots of tests, lots of pills, and lots of days with The Patient on repeat.. After 3 months of the doctors not being able to figure out what was wrong I would have been rather troubled, if not for Maynard whispering in my ear "be patient." That song helped me through the most difficult time in my life. The sickness passed. I gained weight. They never did figure out what was wrong. If not for that song I would have lost hope, I would have given up. If anyone from Tool is reading this I'd like to thank you, you may not have ment to, but you saved me. Thankyou.

maninwater
01-16-2003, 02:59 PM
damn, thats a good story. i listened to this song on repeat when i had to fly. on the headphones you can hear everything. i heard the deep breaths taken before the works " i still may" and it really helped me to relax for some reason. damn i really love this song.