PDA

View Full Version : any girls cop shit for being a tool fan???

pushit_kirsty
01-14-2003, 11:15 PM
its funny hearing someone else from Australia bag out the close mindedness of our neighbours....
hows this for ignorance. Being a chick i cop alot of shit about listening to tool, but i really do love it. A group of girls who i was apparently friends with decided i was a LOser because when they found out i was going to tool concert and saw the ads on TV they thought i was a big death metal goth or something....

hows that for ignorance.
So, it is nice to be able to talk about/read about an intelligent band with intelligent listeners.

So that is my grudge, and i will wear it like the big crown that it is...

Digital Dreamer
01-15-2003, 12:23 PM
If you ask me, girls that like Tool are usually better than those that don't. So there ....

pushit_kirsty
01-15-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Digital Dreamer
If you ask me, girls that like Tool are usually better than those that don't. So there ....

my thoughts exactly!!!

Cronos
01-16-2003, 06:24 PM
I wish my girlfriend liked Tool...She loves Incubus, and Sublime, and she's lately buying crap from a lot of pop punk bands.

She tries so hard to rebel against the mainstream, she hates Avril Lavringe and she hates Pop.

But no matter how much she tries she doesn't realize that the the crappy punk she listens to is actually Pop Punk, the mainstream. New Found Glory, Good Charlotte, and there's probably more.

She's everything she hates, Avril Lavringe. Because she claims to be so punk but she's not. I would tell her that the crap she listens to is just pop punk, and that she's trying to hard to not be mainstream with all that pop punk, but she'd probably get offended if I cued her in. No one wants to hear that they're a hypocrit.

She's trying to get me into Incubus, and I think they're ok. They got some decent lyrics, and the sound isn't like everything else, it's original, and unique. But, she just hears she doesn't truly listen and get into Tool. She just likes the sound of the song, gets sick of it and stops listening to it.

This world needs more girls that love Tool. *sniffs* Will I ever be able to share my passion!? *cries*

I don't know any chics that are Tool fans though.

Ahnijson_films
01-16-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Cronos

I don't know any chics that are Tool fans though.

I am of the female gender and I am quite the TooL fan. So now you know one that exists. I am not a butch lesbian either, surprisingly enough. I just love TooL and everything about them, their passion, their music, and the inspiration they so often give me in my art. So there you go.

Cronos
01-16-2003, 09:39 PM
I kind of meant know any Tool fan chics offline. Also, I would never make an assumption that for a girl to be a Tool fan she'd have to be a butch.

A Perfect Circle is what Maynard considers his feminine product, while Tool is his Masculine product. I embrace the femininity within me. I love APC. I love their melodic tunes, and I love the lyrics.

Doesn't mean I'm a fruit either. I just don't worry about trying to secure my masculinity like other guys would.

When I picture a girl as a Tool fan I would picture an artistic individual, creative thinker, open minded, I wouldn't be suprised how she dressed. I don't dress like a freak because I like Tool. I just wear clothes. So it could go either way for another Tool fan that's female. She could dress a little dark and moody, she could dress normal, artsy, none of them would suprise me.

SilentMagician
01-16-2003, 09:56 PM
It seems all too true, my last girlfriend didn't like tool at all. It actually put a stress in our relationship. In the car she wanted to listen to "Creed" While, i of course wanted Tool. Thus begins the complain and moaning about how i never let her get her way with music. Even though the lead singer of Creed was quoted that his favorite and most inspirational band was Tool....that got her.

the reverend
01-17-2003, 12:55 AM
Perfect girl:
- Drummer
- Attractive
- Tool fan!

Thats all I want.

I agree that APC is more of a feminine band then Tool but i still know quite a few girls that like Tool and they dont cop shit for it. I think you need to find some new frineds kirsty..

DonBrazi
01-17-2003, 01:05 AM
Doesn't mean I'm a fruit either. I just don't worry about trying to secure my masculinity like other guys would.

Not to be mean or anything but I think you are doing exactly what you says you dont worry about. When you say..."doesnt mean Im a fruit either..." You are compensating for the fear that people might perceive you as a fruit. Maybe Im wrong...I just thought it was funny when I read your quote.

Jebus
01-17-2003, 01:28 AM

Well said, though I don't actually know many.
Actually, a lot of girls I know like APC, but don't like tool.

I cop a bit of shit for being a 'goth' because I like tool. Nowhere near what your going through, I'm sure, but I sympathize with your situation.

Words of advise...

People tell me what to say,
what to think, and what to play.
I say...
Go fuck yourself

3rd eye
01-17-2003, 01:59 AM
I'm a male and often wear tool shirts, I only have black tool shirts, so naturally because they don't portray a "look at my fluro shirt, i'm so cool" image, and instead have great artwork on them, people assume i could be a goth. But how stupid's that? I meen, tool are in a league of their own, and not to be put in any category other than brilliant musicians. Funny how its always the really intelligent people who know tool are unbelievable musicians.

Cronos
01-17-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by DonBrazi

Not to be mean or anything but I think you are doing exactly what you says you dont worry about. When you say..."doesnt mean Im a fruit either..." You are compensating for the fear that people might perceive you as a fruit. Maybe Im wrong...I just thought it was funny when I read your quote.

And this is why I don't consider Psychology a Science.

Science 1. Knowledge; knowledge of principles and causes; ascertained truth of facts.

Where in Psychology, is there anything that we see as an ascertained truth of fact? Frueds whole theory that a baby sucking his mothers breast for milk is his first sexual urge? That a childs love for the mother and hate for the father is his jealousy of the father also receiving her love? I don't know about that, and all those other whack job psychologists. To many different theories from different people, each of them individuals theories. More assumption based on observation of occurences and likelihoods. The likelihood that everything is based around sexual desires.

Unlike where Science is a theory, that's tested, tested by other scientists. There is actually ascertained truth of facts in Science. Beats me why anyone would consider Psyschology a science. Since every individual is unique psychology can't really apply, because psychology is saying that everyone basically, broken down, can be analyzed the same. Which for now, is bullshit until I'm proven otherwise.

kette
01-20-2003, 06:08 PM
I dunno about getting a lot of shit from people who are not a part of the Tool family, but let me say this.

I have not been to a Tool concert yet that I didn't get groped at. Hate those guys.

Cronos
01-20-2003, 06:38 PM
I guess I won the battle with DonBrazi. Who's the baddest Tool fan of them all? Cronos!

My fellow Tool fans that are female, tell are your friends that I'm an attractive man.

Smokin joe
01-21-2003, 09:29 AM
I hate people who are close-minded when it comes to music. Saying there's a best band out there is like saying there's a best type of color.

To each his own, and everyone should learn to live with everyone's musical preference. Even though there are a lot of shitty pop-bands out there capitalizing on stupid girls who watch too much MTV, they hopefully learn that there is more to music than just the show and glammer.

Music used to be an art form, but it's split in so many ways it's hard to figure it out.

Just listen to what sounds good

joe

MushroomStamp
01-21-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by kette
I have not been to a Tool concert yet that I didn't get groped at. Hate those guys.

sorry, we thought you were someone else.

:)

normz
01-21-2003, 04:51 PM
I know wot u mean the whole chick listening to tool like OMG thing i can totally relate i mean I look like ur average teenybopper;I'm blonde, i wear all the "right" brands go to all the "right"parties, get fairly decent marks and hang out with girls who are all teenyboppers. I'm also known for my very bubbly personality and my I'm just a blonde attitude. Usually when guys find out i like tool theres this stunned silence and they're like no way and I'm like yes god damn it get over it. Why is it so hard to beleive that just because i hang out with and pretty much look like ur average teenybopper that i AM a teenybopper. I mean people can't just judge you because of what you look like or who you hang with.

Peace Out

Normz

Cronos
01-21-2003, 05:59 PM
like oh my god! you like Tool too!? right on girlfriend! that is like so totally cool.

the reverend
01-21-2003, 06:04 PM
normz...
You sound just like my kinda grrrl. :)
Do you have icq?
If so, add me 125433207.
If not, email me [email protected].

Cheers.

Ahnijson_films
01-21-2003, 06:24 PM
What the hell has this turned into? A fucking singles board? What I wouldn't give for Dan to just lock this damned thread, it is going absolutely nowhere!

"Be original.

Be intelligent. "

When did this get lost?

dan
01-21-2003, 07:10 PM

what about those really sexy high school cheerleaders who listen to pop-metal like linkin park? those bitches rock! and they are usually sexier than not.

Cronos
01-21-2003, 08:12 PM
Dan I really beg to differ. Linkin Park, first of all, I hate them. Their music may sound good and what not, but they themselves have no talent.

Secondly, Linkin Park is more of a Pop/Rap/Metal. I guess it would be pop metal because rap/metal and rap/rock is mainstream and therefore it's Pop. But it's still a lot more of Rap Metal.

A chic that's a Tool fan would probably be sexier, maybe. Since they wouldn't be dumbasses.

Maybe, I can see where you're going with this "a Pop Metal fan of Linkin Park would be sexier" because she would be a lot more gullable probably, and being a cheerleader is a plus, and being into pop metal she'd probably want to be a little freaky? Am I right? I don't really know what you meant by saying Linkin Park, and I hardly expect a Tool fan to be a huge fan of Linkin Park.

dan
01-21-2003, 08:27 PM
who doesn't love a freaky chica who owns a cheerleader outfit?

Ahnijson_films
01-21-2003, 08:31 PM
I think he was being funny.

Cronos
01-21-2003, 08:58 PM
I realize this now...I'll just walk off slowly, and hopefully no one noticed my hate rant about Linkin Park.

the reverend
01-21-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Ahnijson_films
"Be original.

Be intelligent. "

When did this get lost?

Erm.. when i joined the board??!! :P

teknolojik
01-22-2003, 01:14 PM
Should a person's merit really be based on the kind of music she likes?..

I mean similarities are important when seeking a potential 'mate'... But the idea of a girl liking Tool making a female more attractive is kinda ridiculous. It might have marginal influence, but I've met some not-so-desirable girls who happened to be avid tool fans. A person's musical preferences provide some insight into their character... but... i dunno...

I'm not trying to draw a comparison between myself and those who have posted in this thread. All I'm saying is that there's more to a person than the bands they like (well... some more than others, at least).

Do I have to be a tool 'fan'?... the word has connotative associations like 'mark' and 'zealot'... now who wants that?

Alot of the fans seemed to place significance on their outward appearence... I guess it yeilds some importance in an ultra superficial world... but i've also noticed a trend, myself not excluded, wherein tool 'fans' compare themselves with societal norms...

I'm sick of being compared and feeling compelled to compare myself with others. I can identify with the girl who introduced this thread... The music Tool makes naturally wouldn't appeal to the majority and so the assumption is made that because the music is unappealing, those who listen to it are, as well...

Liking tool would totally make a girl more hot?
It might be a factor... but should only be a minor one. The girl that started this thread shouldn't have had to deal with whatever her situation was, because a person's musical preferences don't make up the person they are. On the other hand, if the girl was a total zealot, who paraphrased a tool lyric in everything she wrote and, carved "TOOL" into her arm with a steak knife, then maybe her friends had different bases for their sudden dislike.

As SmokinJoe said, 'to each his own'... be your own person and don't worry about how you compare to anyone else... Anyone who's not prepared to befriend you for who you are, Tool fan, or not, probably isn't worth stressing over.

normz
01-22-2003, 06:44 PM
like oh my god! you like Tool too!? right on girlfriend! that is like so totally cool.

Please......... OK looking back my little comment was a little well "blonde" so i guess i deserve that comment from Cronos but i was only trying to make a point and that being that you can't judge people for what they look like, who they hang out with or even what type of music they listen to. Most of what i said was pretty irrelevant but i only said what i said to help get my point across which i think is a very ORIGINAL and INTELLIGENT point. Music shouldn't be categorised like that ...... I mean u can't just say oh if u listen to that band your automatically a goth. Or hey if your a chick why do u listen to that band? I hope u guys realise what I'm trying to say instead of dismissing it automatically

peace out

normz

Cronos
01-22-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by teknolojik

It is when you're really obsessed with music.

Before you speak you should also agree with your own to each his own theory.

Everyone is a little different. Some liking music a lot more than others, everyone has something they like or don't like. If a girl you like, is NOT into a lot of the bands you love, and listens to a lot of crap you HATE, then there is going to be problems somewhere down the line. A girl can be more appealing, and interesting to you if she's interested in the same exact bands, just like if she's interested in the same exact things.

It's not necessarily sexy, but you are more likely to be attracted to her.

Vice Versa for women.

If there was a musical zealot like that it all depends how bad it is. A Tool zealot, I would imagine should be enlightened, but not every Tool fan I have encountered is wise.

I was only kidding normz. I never said that you must be a goth to listen to this music. I'm not a goth, I don't look like a goth. So you're teenybopper, and tried to act like a dumb blonde to get a point across. I just posted what I did because it felt right. Sometimes things just feel right.

kette
01-22-2003, 10:46 PM

"it's all about what you like, not what you ARE like" says the genius that is High Fidelity

personally, whether or not someone likes Tool as much as i do is NOT going to ultimately determine their date-ability.

on the other hand...

if someone has more than just a physical obsession with Britney Spears (oh god please, don't let this post divulge into everyone saying how much they'd like to do her...you guys don't, right?) then I am going to have to wonder about their motivation. no matter how catchy that damn "Baby one more time" is, i have to seriously question the brain functions of someone who would consider themselves to be a fan of her music.

the things we like are just a reflection of the things we value, and as such i think that they do matter because they give us insight to a person we meet pretty quickly.

pushit_kirsty
01-23-2003, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by the reverend
Perfect girl:
- Drummer
- Attractive
- Tool fan!

Thats all I want.

I agree that APC is more of a feminine band then Tool but i still know quite a few girls that like Tool and they dont cop shit for it. I think you need to find some new frineds kirsty..

hhahah, dont worry i did!!! they were chicks at a new school, so i found my way pretty quickly any way.

teknolojik
01-23-2003, 05:50 PM

Before you speak you should also agree with your own to each his own theory.
If there was a musical zealot like that it all depends how bad it is. A Tool zealot, I would imagine should be enlightened, but not every Tool fan I have encountered is wise.

A zealot is like a mindless follower...
to be enlightened is to think independently... or at least that's what immanuel kant said....

as for me agreeing with my 'to each his own philosophy'...
i agree entirely, and i think my statement did, too... Let me elaborate further; everyone is entitled to conform to any ideal they want to (shallow, or not)... if that's the person they want to be.. then so be it... i might not agree with some of the ways people conduct themselves... but they have every right to do it, provided it doesn't cut into anyone else's whatever...

maybe in expressing my own feelings, i was contradicting my to each his own... but i'm entitled to my own... and if it's contrary to that philosophy to express my opinion because it's in opposition to others'... then what's the point in believing in freedom of expression?

be a mindless follower, if you want... like who you want, based on what you want...

all i'm saying is if you pre-suppose a person is better, or more qualified because of the music they like, you could be making a mistake... Obviously it can be argued that music is something to have in common... and It can be a benefit to like the same music.. of course it can

But, my current girlfriend is not nearly as musical as me.. but she is amazingly artistic... She's not any kind of music obsessor...
I'm not saying that you're insisting you need to both like tool in order to be happy together... i know that if i would have dismissed my girlfriend on the gounds that we don't share the same musical tastes... i would have missed out on so much hapiness and all that stuff...

and i don't think it's good for a person to obsess over anything. it makes for narrow people... but then again.. i guess those who do, need someone who will obsess over the same things...

One who likes britney spears or nelly might be superficial... but they might not be.. they might like the music because it's fun and frivilous...

Who thinks bam margera is a sociopath?

I have some finals to study for... high school shapes the person I will become, right?... RIGHT....?

Xanadu
01-23-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by pushit_kirsty
A group of girls who i was apparently friends with decided i was a LOser because when they found out i was going to tool concert and saw the ads on TV they thought i was a big death metal goth or something....

Sounds like they were doing her a favor... who want friends like that?! ANyone that shallow does not deserve her for a friend.

Cronos
01-23-2003, 08:51 PM
be a mindless follower, if you want... like who you want, based on what you want...

all i'm saying is if you pre-suppose a person is better, or more qualified because of the music they like, you could be making a mistake... Obviously it can be argued that music is something to have in common... and It can be a benefit to like the same music.. of course it can

I'm not saying that you're insisting you need to both like tool in order to be happy together...

and i don't think it's good for a person to obsess over anything. it makes for narrow people... but then again.. i guess those who do, need someone who will obsess over the same things...

Wow you took everything I said and turned it into complete garbage, spouting out your enlightened crap. You assume way to much saying I'm obsessed. It's like you completely read another post, or read what you wanted to. For this I applaud you.

I don't care what YOU look for in a relationship. Everyone wants something a little different, to each his own asshole. Right? I don't have much to say, because everything in my last post was fine, and all you did was just ignore it completely.

teknolojik
01-24-2003, 08:44 AM
Wow you took everything I said and turned it into complete garbage, spouting out your enlightened crap. You assume way to much saying I'm obsessed. It's like you completely read another post, or read what you wanted to. For this I applaud you.

I don't care what YOU look for in a relationship. Everyone wants something a little different, to each his own asshole. Right? I don't have much to say, because everything in my last post was fine, and all you did was just ignore it completely.

dude... i didn't mean to come off like that... i understand how it might have bothered you... no need to name-call, though

I re-read your post and i don't think there was anything i missed, or misunderstood

I wasn't saying, nor did i even consider, that you obsess over anything... I apologize if that's how you took it. I wasn't calling you shallow, and I wasn't trying to tell you to change your opinion.. I was just using examples of peoples' choices in general... Just trying to argue that i wasn't contradicting myself... I didn't mean to sound like a sarcastic dick... well.. i kinda did, but not in an effort to insult your character... I guess it's some sort of transferrance from my pre-exam stress, or something.. the foul tone, I mean...

in fact, i do agree somewhat, and i'm certain some of my statement did concur with yours, i probably should have made it more clear... i was elaborating on my own thing to explain how i didn't disagree with the 'to each his own' word-thought-thing.

Cronos
01-24-2003, 06:40 PM
Ok, I'm just quick to tear people to pieces. My docter says I need to prevent, not vent. I think he's a fucking dilhole.

48&2
01-25-2003, 03:47 AM
mmm....britney spears...

Heroin
01-25-2003, 05:05 AM
yeah...fucking cat fight

Cronos
01-25-2003, 10:15 AM
Great way to rack up on the post counts, it good to know your opinion matters.

Cronos
01-25-2003, 10:16 AM
Great way to rack up on the post counts, its good to know your opinion matters.

Slave#1
01-25-2003, 09:13 PM
liking tool does NOT make you smart.

Liking tool makes you a lover of great nonconformist music.

Cronos
01-25-2003, 09:46 PM
When did anyone say that it made you smart?

Fruitbar11
01-26-2003, 02:45 PM
Wow your friends must be stupid. Don't pay attention to those kind of people even as a guy I get alot of shit for listening to Tool. I guess it turns out cool guys listen to rap. Well thats great, I'm still listening to Tool now go away. Is how I handle those losers.

Cronos
01-26-2003, 10:10 PM
I just tell them to go suck an egg.

Cracker
01-28-2003, 08:07 AM
An aside-

Alot of people say that they picture the average tool fan as a thinking, intelligent person, which is BULLSHIT. Many of the fans like things like the Murderdolls and Slipknot, which are pretty brainless specticles. They like tool because it sounds angry and heavy. Others like it as it can be used to accentuate a certain image they are trying to achieve. If you like Tool, you like Tool. There is nothing else attatched.

Music is a huge part of my life, and personally, Musical taste could be a big factor in how attracted to someone I am. It allows you to make conversation on the subject and break the ice easier, as well as giving you the opportunity to kill awkward silences with the music you both like. Also, if she liked the same stuff as you, she could expose you to similar stuff you would never have heard otherwise.

"...My docter says I need to prevent, not vent. I think he's a fucking dilhole..."

bahahaha. I woke my mother up laughing at that.

Cronos
01-28-2003, 07:24 PM
That's what I was trying to say. I like women that are deeply interested in music. Sometimes there's nothing to talk about, I bring up a song I just heard, and like a lot, or a band's cd I just got really into. The discussion really starts going. You can swap cd's, and listen to their likes, hear about their stuff.

eknick
02-06-2003, 04:52 PM
girls that likes tool are more intelligent and sexy...
i'm recently trying to get my gf into it, hm...mayb some softer APC first...

ignore-reality
02-06-2003, 05:01 PM
[i] I hardly expect a Tool fan to be a huge fan of Linkin Park. [/B]

Check out my thread on the Linkin Park, Metallica, Limp Bizkit tour. I said my thoughts on there. Plus....I guess if you want to talk shit about what I think on there, go ahead, join the damn club. (Tool is #1 in my book, I think it's ok though to like other bands though.....guess not.)

Cronos
02-07-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by mstajduh
P.S - Any TooL chick want to give Me their phone number? Send it to My email. Pic on profile.

This is not a singles board.

I posted on the Linkin Park thread of yours. It wasn't saying why they suck but it's good enough reason to hate them.

Flood
02-15-2003, 10:50 AM
I would never not date a girl because she didn't like Tool. I think you have to respect others' opinions and likes. If the girl is appealing to you in other ways other than musical interest, then go for it.

My best friend likes Linkin Park, New Found Glory, etc. That doesn't mean I should just ditch him. I usually listen to what he wants in the car, I don't force Tool's music on him. I downloaded Lateralus (the song) on Kazaa for him, and he loved it. He likes Stinkfist and Message to Harry Manback (for pure laughter).

My point is, that you shouldn't force whatever you like on others. Just show it to them, and if they like it, then great, if they don't then no big deal. If they are your friend or gf, then you should like them for more than the music factor.

myownidentity
02-17-2003, 10:33 PM

YES! Tool is legendary and intellegent, Beats a bunch of ****** singers who buy rights for songs and make it there own (Thats talentless)

XiPHiaS
02-18-2003, 04:34 PM
Ok I admit it, I haven't been into tool that long.

Actually I saw them as another band that made good music. Until lateralus ended up in my portable cd-player recently and I was suddenly intrigued by the music and the lyrics. (but this has happened with more band's cds that found its way to that player... but usually that doesn't last forever...) But this time I can actually participate in discussions about lyrics etc. on this great site! So there is hope for me...:)

But now about the girl-toolfans thing: I can remember a couple of years ago, I was on a camping site in Renesse (this is a place in Holland where young people spend 1-2 weeks of their holliday to get extremely drunk). I didn't know tool that well, I had only seen their videos, which I have always regarded art. On that camping site were 2 girls camping right opposite our tent. And one of them was quite interesting. Strangely enough she wasn't extremely pretty. And you can guess why she was so interesting: she was into tool! And I wasn't! This has to prove that being into tool is definately a pre for a girl....

pushit31
02-18-2003, 07:41 PM
i think its quite funny how stupid people can be. i am a chick and i get labeled all of the time for my musical taste. i think its rather amusing. i listen to punk usually but for some odd reason, tool is my favorite band. i think its that you can just feel the music as well as hear it. you can be moved by it and experiance a song. you cant do that with any other band. i got called goth and sometimes im considered "death-metal". i think its grand because tool is not goth or death-metal. people are just ignorant and intolerant. i think that if more people listened, felt, and understood tool (along with smoking a nice blunt) everyone would be a lot more tolerant. i think that people would transend labels and bullshit trash talk... but then again, what do i know

4th Eye
02-19-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by XiPHiaS
Renesse (this is a place in Holland where young people spend 1-2 weeks of their holliday to get extremely drunk)

Sounds like a nice place... :)

I wouldn't mind if my girlfriend wouldn't listen to Tool but it would be just positive to share the same obsession.

I made a Tool cd (where I put few songs that would be "catchy") for a friend of mine and tried to get her into Tool. I drew booklets and covers by myself and gave it to her as a christmas present. She said she liked it but I haven't heard anything about it anymore. I said I could make another cd but she replied, "you don't need to".

My crusade of trying to turn people to toolism hasn't been really successful. I still haven't seen a real hardcore-tool-fan face to face. I feel lonely......*sigh*.....

XiPHiaS
02-19-2003, 03:13 PM
Well, maybe you can feel good about it thinking you are the only one with taste... Though not everyone may agree....
Well, i hope they will one day get the same from their commercially exploited music-products as i get from listening to tool.
(not that tool doesn't want to make money, but at least it's not why they are into music...(apperantly))

xXlotusXx
03-11-2003, 02:10 PM
i'm a chick, and i've been an avid tool fan for quite some time. i actually first heard them when i was still in elementary school because my brother listened to them, and then a couple years back, i got a hold of the albums myself. there really aren't a lot of girls that are into it, and most of my friends listen to the radio and nelly, and all that crap. i've found that, sometimes, its a waste of time to try to make people realize how they are wasting their time listening to crappy music. but yes, many times, i have found that Tool fans sometimes tend to be a little more interesting, probably on the mere fact the i find Tool interesting. i wouldn't say that, simply because someone does not like tool, that they are any lesser of a person. just not as enlightened :)

in relationships though, it does help, at least for me, to have the same musical tastes, simply because music is such a ruling factor in my life.

as for being a tool fan making me sexier or more attractive, i'm not so sure that it has added to my sex appeal. now, maybe a pair of fishnets and a nurse dress might do the job right...

FlamingEye
03-18-2003, 02:11 PM
I AM A GIRL AND I LOVE TOOL. THEY ARE THE MOST AMAZING BAND. I THINK THAT YOUR FRIENDS ARE FUCKING STUPID FOR GIVING YOU SHIT. THEY PROBABLY LESTEN TO N SYNC OR SOMETHING, THE BANDS WITHOUT TALENT.

evilangel09
04-01-2003, 06:57 PM
God, I've liked Tool for.....so long. I can remember before 8th grade celebration my friend Maggie and I would just sit and listen to the long instrumental sections of Tool songs...I just like 'em, you know, something hard to explain, there's too many reasons yet at the same time there might not be enough.....or maybe it just seems that way cause there's no way to put it. I like the lyrics, beats, guitars..everything. Guys around here think chicks who listen to music like Tool are cool.... *Looks down* hey! I'm wearing a Tool shirt today too!
My boyfriend doesn't like them, but eh, he's his own person.
I love Tool. Always have.