PDA

View Full Version : second sun

blue
11-19-2002, 10:21 PM
quick thought. i've wondered some times if perhaps this blue second sun referred to could be the television. the phosphorescence is usually characterized as blue, and the way modern-day humans soak it in is somewhat parallel to plants and the sun, or even less-confused life forms and the sun. has anyone else gotten this vibe?

DeleteYourself
11-20-2002, 04:13 AM
or maybe computers...(the blue screen of death any windows user knows of) might be the blue they're refering to.

okkoto
11-20-2002, 01:11 PM
tv is a damn good inturpretation. terrence mckenna would definately agree with you that tv is just as powerful an addiction as heroin.

the "phospherescent desert buttons" are peyote though, i think

CrazyJoeDevola
11-21-2002, 11:33 AM
No. There actually is an anticipated blue second sun that should appear to us once we've grown out of the "Christ-Conscious" 44&2 state that we're in, and into 46&2. Its there right now. We just can't see it yet. Support your local Indigo Child and we'll be there before you can say "phosphorescent desert button" three times fast.

Whether or not Maynard was specifically refering to this is not 100% justifiable but its a damn good way of interpreting it considering everything else TOOL has discussed in their other songs.

okkoto
11-21-2002, 02:34 PM
cool. i never heard that before, crazyjoe. where can i find more info?

idiotboy
11-21-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by okkoto
tv is a damn good inturpretation. terrence mckenna would definately agree with you that tv is just as powerful an addiction as heroin.

the "phospherescent desert buttons" are peyote though, i think

i was going to post my belief in the peyote thing. ;)

for those who aren't aware (no offense meant), peyote is found in a part of the cactus, i believe. and we all know the cactus is found in the desert, heh.

CrazyJoeDevola
11-22-2002, 07:08 PM
http://www.greatdreams.com/tumi.htm

There are other sites basen on this. Do a search and you should come up with some interesting resutls.