PDA

View Full Version : The Bible/Jesus

radmanics
05-22-2004, 05:31 PM
Thinking along the anti-crupt Christian Church theme which seems to be in this album, it struck me (as it did The Grudge in the "masturbation" thread), that this song may relate to Jesus, but more the bible as a whole.

The main emphasis of the song is obviously that "you" is part of "me"; jesus is apparently "in" us all.

"for me to use"; how many times have sentenses from the bible been taken out of context and timeframe to back up a view (i.e. homosexuals are sinners and will burn in hell (?) ).

Those who use bible quotations in this way probably know the bible ("you") better than they know themselves. ("myself")

The bible itself cannot "speak", "judge" etc; it needs to be interpreted. As it is being interpreted and used by the "me", the bible cannot hurt the "me".

I think the last stanza:
"I know you best,
better than one might think.
I know you better than I know myself.
It's time for you
to make a sacrifice.
It's time to die a little.
Give it up."
might be refering to the people the preacher/priest whoever would be directing his inferences to; if he's shaped them with his interpretations, so he again knews them better than he "knows" himself.

The "sacrifice" ... money? no, probably not; I would think a loss/sacrifice of individualism of ideas, thoughts, interpratition; by sacrificing this, the individual starts to "die" and become a sheep (ah yes haah couldn't resist). Give it up refering to efforts of trying to be individual and have their own interpretation

Mr Omnipotent
06-16-2004, 04:02 PM
i doubt it, i read in an interview that maynard said and i quote "i draw on spirituality, i dont draw much of anything from the bible"

Triangular_Vision
06-19-2004, 07:08 PM
I definately do not think that this song... scratch that... any song from tool follows much of the bible at all. In fact they even urge you to seperate from all religion and figure things out for yourself. (Think for Yourself, Question Authority) Tools main message is summed up in its name. Tool... as in dont be a tool of society (as they are a tool themselves as a band), dont be dragged down by the sheep, just becuase the water is moving dosn't mean you cant drink. Basically, the comforts of reality are the very things that cripple us from our true awakening... religion for the most part stems from the need to rid the childish feeling of insecurity and the unknown. If you notice though, christianity is one of the few religions that do not speak of the third eye.... they say its unholy, just dreams.... where do you think all those visions came from that enlightened the prophets father?

Im not saying that you wont return to the source if you dont ever understand the third eye and you follow conformal religion... im just saying that you will be "wallowing in your own chaotic, and insecure dillusions" until you transcend to the next state where it will all be unveiled... though im pretty sure that in order to understand it all, you have to die (transcend)... supported by einsteins theory that if we were ever able to use 100% of the human mind, that we would have no need for the body and we would consist of pure energy... life is light (energy)... anything that is above absolute zero emits infared light because this is the same thing as heat or vibration. ("today a young man on acid realized that all matter and energy purely condensed into a slow vibration, that we are all of one consiousness experiancing ourselves sunjectively, that there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream in which imagination of ourselves, and fears come with the weather") --> this guy got it by taking entogens (sp?) or lsd.... mushrooms are one as well... basically they allow you to think outside the lines, and you can then remeber this feeling and your spectrum of thought is forever widened... (my opinion)

Triangular_Vision
06-19-2004, 07:24 PM
also i do not believe that the use of acid or mushrooms is necessary to open your third eye, it is just a catalyst... a car ride instead of a walk... i dont know about acid because it is extremely new to me, but mushrooms are a different story... ever since i started reading jung, castedana, frued, and such, tripping has been extremely enlightening, and a seemingly holy experiance. I do not base my knowledge of life off of tripping, but it certianly helps get the feel again when you get stuck... its kinda cool they just grow out of the ground too... naturally. Maybe they were meant to be eaten by a few of us and not all... who knows. Its a neat thought to ponder though... Or maybe they are just a random swerve in the evolution of the human mind.... ride the spiral to the end, we may just go where no ones been.............................................. .............

Agent_Of_Chaos
07-13-2004, 09:42 PM
And one day when we're all beings of pure light we can sacrifice mushrooms on the Altar of Maynard, so that we can all be good little parabolas quoting the words of our lord Maynard down through the ages....or Part of Me is about Maynard's favorite pet chihuahua that got hit by a car the day before Part of Me was written. You decide.

MindAsh
08-27-2004, 06:13 AM
look at it from this view "we are all one conciousness with sections vibrateing at different frequency's"

Triangular_Vision
09-04-2004, 10:22 AM
And one day when we're all beings of pure light we can sacrifice mushrooms on the Altar of Maynard, so that we can all be good little parabolas quoting the words of our lord Maynard down through the ages....or Part of Me is about Maynard's favorite pet chihuahua that got hit by a car the day before Part of Me was written. You decide.

just like he said that h is about his son devo... to throw off the weak minded and still keep them ammused. The idea of tool is that they are a tool, just not for practical purposes. But the need of a tool is to be efficeint. You decide.

Triangular_Vision
09-04-2004, 10:24 AM
did he also have on fake tits and high heals? or is that how he usually dresses? no... smoke and mirrors...