PDA

View Full Version : Voices

LUCINATIO
01-13-2003, 05:39 PM
i have tried and so has many others even with technological means and have unable to come up with something important. ive read a theory that its like a discussion between two people like a phone conversation. Those un interpreted voices reamain an enigma and i wonder why and will tool ever reveal whats going on. there is also voices in third eye at 10:22 that can't be figured out as well .weird i guess tool is a mystery.

Cronos
01-13-2003, 07:00 PM
There's voices in a lot of songs actually. Probably in just about every song. After awhile they all get noticed.

Hooker with a penis has voices, Cesaro Summability has voices, this song has voices, I heard the voices of Third Eye, I thought it was that whispering part where you can barely hear him singing. Though, I think this is something else too.

After awhile there's way to many little "voices" in every song to really keep count, and figure them all out.

46 & 2 has some, and we've deciphered some voices.

Then we've deciphered some of them from Hooker with a penis, that's all on the FAQ.

There are others too. Have fun listening for them all. Report back soon.

untilwepineaway
01-13-2003, 07:02 PM
This keeps comming up so...
I have listening to Ions several times, and I do not hear any voices what so ever. Can someone please tell me at what time these whispers occur?

Cronos
01-13-2003, 07:13 PM
I heard about it too, and I really have no clue, I think someone mentioned a definate time, but I didn't really listen for it.

A lot of the times, it's probably just nonsense, the band tooling around with you.

There's a phone ring in the song Opiate.

You can never really know for sure. It's not like they'll tell us. Kabir knows, but he's a dirty sell out, and they have him bought out. :D

xSaveXmondaYx
01-14-2003, 07:27 PM
I think it's fun to figure out all the suff by yourself. Although it might bug you so much that you want to know so badly and you might go mad and kill people..... Bu that's the fun of Tool.

FuckingCode
01-19-2003, 06:17 AM
Listen about 3:30 in (use headphones!), after a thunder/rumble noise you can hear it. After listening to it several times I'm fairly sure it's a phone conversation. After about ten seconds you can hear "right...thank you" and then a click.

Enki
01-21-2003, 12:19 PM
i hear it, but i cant understand it, it seems longer than what you said it would be, it sounds like a longer conversation...

Cronos
01-21-2003, 06:19 PM
Used headphones, and nothing...

Windowlicker
01-23-2003, 02:53 AM
maybe different releases of aenima determine if the voices are on it.

Cronos
01-24-2003, 06:44 PM
You may be onto something, I bought my copy fairly recently.

holy reality
02-12-2003, 06:42 PM
me too, and i really think i would've noticed it by now if it was there

Phosphoros
02-19-2003, 04:49 PM
I heard there is an encoded message, and that there is also one in many others songs (Ticks & leeches, go to that song's forum and you'll see it)

Genocidal
03-02-2003, 09:09 AM
Yeah, I just heard it. I could swear I heard "cesaro." Maybe my ears are fried though - I've been listening to Zeppelin at full volume all day :)

nickknocker
03-03-2003, 02:11 PM
...are you talking about that chirpy kind of alien voice-y thingy? I dont really hear anything besides that
and what time is the "end of the conversation" part?

dork
04-12-2003, 07:58 PM
I heard the voices once in this song, im gonna try again right now... but anyways... here are all the songs i know (off the top of my head anyways...) there are disguised/unintelligible whispers/voices/effects that sound like it...)
Third eye
Hooker
Cesaro
no quarter
T&L
parabol
Bottom
Sober
Flood
Eulogy
Jimmy

hmmm I feel like im missing something but hell, thats pretty good list for off the top of my head... oh yeah, and lateralus... but that doesnt count

spiralion
04-14-2003, 08:48 AM
almost at the end of the track is voices, normal human male voices in the background

nickknocker
04-27-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by spiralion
almost at the end of the track is voices, normal human male voices in the background

yeah, you just have to listen to the track at full volume without any background noise whatsoever. I finally heard it two nights ago, towards the end after the twangy alien voices, you can hear a couple of voices for a sec, then the song ends like 10 seconds later, i think maybe theres more

Also, im not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but i have a suspicion those alien-ish voices could be interpreted, almost like the thing in Pink Floyd's "Sheep", but much more distorted...someone with kick ass equipment could possibly? check this out...maybe