PDA

View Full Version : Rock Bottom...?

Undertolerance
05-17-2004, 09:31 AM
I just read over the lyrics to Bottom again and have been listening to it a lot more lately and I have noticed that this song means so many different things to me depending upon how I feel. For one there is just the surface meaning of quite literally being at the 'Bottom', being that all the shit has piled up on you and you are crushed under it. But that is far to base and interpretation. There is also the feeling of something that you do not wish to be being forced upon you, be it religion, a person, a way of life, a place, many a thing. So thus the opne endedness to the meaning. In fact it could very well just be about confronting someone about something of dire importance. I cannot decide! Thus were you all come in I would like you thoughts and ideas on this whole thing, perhaps it will help me to reach a decision as to how exactly I should take it.

DistortedxUnity
05-25-2004, 06:20 PM
I'm starting to think that, to me, it means living off something that will eventually destroy you internally. Like being in a bad relationship... some people feel they deserve the punishment they are getting from their "spouse", so they stay there. So you deal and you take all the hits, verbal or physical, until there's nothing but a hollow shell of what you once were. And you're not sure if you can go back, if you can be what you were before this... Eventually you turn into a doll, taking whatever is dished out to you, and that can never be a good thing...

g-bay-be
07-01-2004, 04:49 PM
To me this song is what it is, I dont see much of a deeper message. This song is my song when I am angry depressed or ready to shake someone

IC
07-11-2004, 08:10 PM
at least Marla is trying to hit bottom..