PDA

View Full Version : comparison

MrMcPheezy
01-13-2003, 04:21 PM
Third Eye is my all time favorite song. It is full of emotion and always leaves me content, fearful, curious, and hesitant. Lately , however, whenever I feel the need for internal release I have been listening to Resolution (d/r/t). This led to me often comparing the two pieces. I am currently working on a sort of thesis paper in which I discuss my thoughts. I will post it here upon it's completion.
Have any of you ever considered this before? Do any of you have any comments about the similarities/differences between the two that could help direct my writing? Any ideas that could perhaps evolve this conecpt into something better
Thank you.

Shadowfax
01-13-2003, 06:38 PM
well...i also think that they are both the best songs ever written....and i've noticed that in third eye, its kinda about opening your mind, and thinking more openly about things....in d/r/t i see that it can somewhat be saying that you need to open your mind, and think deeper into things....such as the meaning of life....dont be so preoccupied with yourself, and your misseries...but think more about life and people as a whole....and maybe just to realise that happiness is all that matters...dont waste time with depression....and in third eye somewhat...i can see it trying to say, dont chase dreams that are not reachable by yourself....i dunno...my thoughts are pretty choppy, but hopefully my point can be seen

Narcissus
01-16-2003, 06:15 AM
It seems to me that they can be compared in the fact that ...
Both of the "characters" are talking about how they have been going about through life all wrong. Now, they are changing the way they do things/perceive things?