PDA

View Full Version : completely different suggestion...just another view

Mega Phunkatron
05-14-2004, 09:45 PM
Okay, I figured I wasn't the only one who thought this idea of the song......but I guess I was wrong. After looking through, it seems people were merely interested in an obsession with anal insertion. But here's a really obvious thought:

First off, its quite noticable that the album has a water theme. This is no different. 4 degrees Celsius is the temperature at which water is most dense, which makes it different than most substances. This means that when it freezes, being then at 0 degrees Celsius, it is less dense, causing the ice to float on water. Water is the only liquid that I'm aware of that does this. And this fact of nature is why everything in frozen lakes doesn't die in the winter. I just figured I'd shed a new light on this....I don't know where it could lead, but maybe someone can take this and apply it to this song. But, I may be completely wrong. Just an Idea....

Arkham Asylum
09-30-2006, 10:38 AM
Yeah, I thought of this too and I'm sure plenty of other people have as well (anyone with a science bent knows that this property of water is a major reason why there is life at all). I attempted to make some kind of metaphorical connection between this fact and the lyrics, but my attempt was pretty lousy:

I figure that maybe making yourself "4 degrees warmer", so to speak, would be making yourself less dense and more open-minded. What was "locked up inside you" now has a chance to flourish.

Clearly, most of the lyrics of the song don't necessarily fit with my interpretation, but hopefully it's food for thought for someone else.

8moremucscles
10-06-2006, 11:03 AM
I definately have to say that the lyrics to this song more than support everyone's theory of sodomy. After reading what was written here in this thread I don't really know what to think anymore. I listened to the song again after reading what was written and I defintely see what was meant. Although I do want to add that the anal cavity is "4 degrees warmer and has 8 more muscles than the vagina." That was a quote that I read on the tool page about this song. Granted it was a few years ago, right after they started this site, but seeing as how those are supposedly, Maynard's own words its kinda hard to look at this song any other way.

I want to make it clear that I am NOT saying that they are without a doubt his own words, but it was this site that provided that info.

Stumtool
10-08-2006, 10:17 AM
there are so many ways to approach this song that i have not set myself in one way. Being that i study science, the thought as also crossed my mind about water, as it is a re-occuring theme in their songs, however the lyrics point in other directions, however in most songs, the easiest interpretation is not the most meaningfull

Arkham Asylum
10-09-2006, 05:00 PM
The anal sex interpretation is valid as well, I'm not saying it isn't. I also realized that my interpretation was backwards; the lyrics say "4 degrees warmer" meaning that things are getting more dense. Please disregard my conclusions from the earlier post.

Forever In Debt
10-17-2006, 04:51 PM
Does anybody get "like a call beneath castles?" I don't see how it ties in.

8moremucscles
10-19-2006, 06:12 AM
Does anybody get "like a call beneath castles?" I don't see how it ties in.

He says "like the calm beneath castles."

Forever In Debt
11-21-2006, 04:45 PM
Ok, even so does anyone get THAT.

sabbo
11-27-2006, 01:30 PM
as far as the calm beneath castles, no i dont get it. When i think of what is beneath castles, the only thing i can come up with is dungeons. So maybe when he says "like calm beneath castles" he is actually implying that whatever he is talking about is not calm at all. If this is anal sex, i would have to agree...

tkess66
11-27-2006, 07:41 PM
as far as the calm beneath castles, no i dont get it. When i think of what is beneath castles, the only thing i can come up with is dungeons. So maybe when he says "like calm beneath castles" he is actually implying that whatever he is talking about is not calm at all. If this is anal sex, i would have to agree...

Think of it this way, if there is a battle it would be above ground. beneath the castle would be tunnels or passage ways for the king or whoever to escape if the castle was breached. So you see the castle but what you don't see is what lies beneath. So with a person you see the physical body but not what lies beneath.

morethanmusic
12-01-2006, 02:57 PM
making love to the butt...probably, no definitely another meaning... butt i don't know what