PDA

View Full Version : Allright, here's the deal with the words...

TheDemonologist
05-06-2004, 12:37 AM
There was a Danish Illusionist in the 19th century who went by the stage name Dante. At the end of his act, when people were cheering for him he would say the nonsense words "Zim Zala Bim." ( or Dim, I don't think it matters.) I suspect the rest of the magic words in the song are made up by the band. But there you are. I don't think this has been previously posted, so mystery solved.

P.S. Have any of you guys played Fallout 2? There's posters of Maynard taken from the liner notes of Undertow plastered all over walls in that game.

Jake

Thrakandor
05-06-2004, 12:51 AM
There was a Danish Illusionist in the 19th century who went by the stage name Dante. At the end of his act, when people were cheering for him he would say the nonsense words "Zim Zala Bim." ( or Dim, I don't think it matters.) I suspect the rest of the magic words in the song are made up by the band. But there you are. I don't think this has been previously posted, so mystery solved.

P.S. Have any of you guys played Fallout 2? There's posters of Maynard taken from the liner notes of Undertow plastered all over walls in that game.

Jake
I didn't know either of those things. Thanks, and welcome.

AllforUnity
05-06-2004, 11:36 AM
Are you talking about the same Dante that's supposedly one of the most 5 evil men who ever lived?

Thrakandor
05-07-2004, 02:45 AM
Are you talking about the same Dante that's supposedly one of the most 5 evil men who ever lived?
I doubt it. That Dante [Dantè?] was earlier - sixteenth century, I believe, and Italian.

seppukujack
05-10-2004, 01:01 PM
Lets not forget the great poet

Dante Alighieri[sp?]
Of course he was 13th century I believe, and the church hated/loved him

crow011
05-10-2004, 06:43 PM

Jake

cool, thanks for sharing . . .