PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Message

ATG
01-13-2003, 11:36 AM
Blair often mentions the "secret, barely audible" message in this song. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

andal
01-13-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by ATG
Blair often mentions the "secret, barely audible" message in this song. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

ok, this thing about the hidden message on no 1/4 is driving me nuts, i think i have the location. Between the 4th an 6th minutes{2} you can barely hear what sounds like whispering, i have tryed a few eq settings and still no luck, i hope this get's you a bit closer, i fell that it has gotten me closer, if you pick it up let us know. I"m guessing that it is very important or just another of their amuzing pulls....andal

The_MudCrab
01-13-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by andal

ok, this thing about the hidden message on no 1/4 is driving me nuts, i think i have the location. Between the 4th an 6th minutes{2} you can barely hear what sounds like whispering, i have tryed a few eq settings and still no luck, i hope this get's you a bit closer, i fell that it has gotten me closer, if you pick it up let us know. I"m guessing that it is very important or just another of their amuzing pulls....andal

Hmmm, I've just recently discovered this "message" and i am already obsessed. alright, it starts around 4:30 into the song and probably ends about 5:10 into it, but it could go on, i can't really tell because the drums start. i am completely boggled, and its going to be the death of me.

the reverend
01-13-2003, 07:42 PM
Am I the only person that wants to see Blair injured in a bizarre dolphin feeding accident because of all of this secretivity surrounding Tool. Why cant he just tell us??!!!

Ill give it a shot. Ive got this program that lets you muck around with songs and stuff. Its worth a try right??!

honky
01-13-2003, 09:39 PM
He cant tell us because if he did, youd be over tool. you are all like dope fiends: blair is the dope man and tool is the dope. he gives you just enough to stay hooked, but wont kill you off with all the shit. we want it all and we cant have it, they know it and will use it against you til they have every penny. tool junkies...they should have Tool Anon. id be the first to go...

normz
01-14-2003, 11:02 PM
Ok if u want to know what the message says check out the Radical Reasons thread last year it doesnt have all the answers but hey its enough ;)

Peace Out

Normz

IceBlueEye84X
01-15-2003, 09:39 PM
I am actually listening to "No Quarter" while I am typing this...I can just barely hear very faint whispering wher it gets silent...it's clearly not loud enough to actually understand what is actually being said, if there's ANYTHING being said...or maybe it's just the band talking to each other while they are playing(laughs), or maybe it is the cymbals still resonating...very interesting to think about...

MoKoMoKo
01-16-2003, 03:09 PM
Maynard is definitely whispering something...by playing around in Cool Edit Pro i can hear the words "you can see Jesus"...but theres a lot more that i can't hear...the sound from the cymbals drowns it out...

Killer Of God
01-20-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by MoKoMoKo
Maynard is definitely whispering something..."you can see Jesus"...

Heres a very unrealistic, but spooky thought. Maybe Danny, Justin, and Adam have one earpiece that allows them to hear every word Maynard sais. And so maybe Maynard is whispering words to the rest of the band to give them inspiration. I know i would freak out if someone whispered in my ear "You Can See Jesus."

Andy
02-09-2003, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Killer Of God
Heres a very unrealistic, but spooky thought. Maybe Danny, Justin, and Adam have one earpiece that allows them to hear every word Maynard sais. And so maybe Maynard is whispering words to the rest of the band to give them inspiration. I know i would freak out if someone whispered in my ear "You Can See Jesus."

Heh, you're right....that is very unrealistic. I think that if it is whispering, its Maynard purposely trying to add to the overall effect of the sound, possibly a hidden message for those diehard fans

tomatoms
02-14-2003, 11:18 PM
its a hidden message for one diehard fan whom they knew had what it takes to take out the lead guitars after 5:10
A new set of whispering starts at this point.

at 5:14 listen for "Radical Reasoning"

at 5:34 listen for "so many lives, so many minds that are more important."

this is all that can be heard without getting rid of or heavily muffling the lead guitars.
I can do this, and I have heard the message through and through, some of the words and sentences are still hazy, especially at the ends of each set. (4:30-5:10 and 5:15- 6:20) Its chock full, though. trust me. I just get sick of writing posts to let the ppl know. They may want to keep it secret, but I'll do my damdest to let you know whats behind.

I have an Aiwa 3 disc changer that came with a gaudy microphone and a karaoke button that Normally takes out vocals so you can sing over artist's, like Barry Manilow. It serves a much different purpose with this song. It lets me know what kind of shit their talkin' about me. :)
It was meant for me. And I was meant for it.
Live long and prosper, and good luck too.

tomatoms
02-14-2003, 11:40 PM
Oh, and the message is very much related to the song and the person in mind when they wrote it. Maynard has written a quite few songs/lyrics with this person in mind. The message gets very deep and personal, though, and very judgemental.

In the first part, starting at 4:30

"kill yourself. kill yourself"

something about choices.

"you'd kill my motivation for ???"

"you should have, you should have"

"you couldn't ignore the thought of going home"(<--guess)

The message is related to having a "mind pet" who you watch going through life. Its more complicated than that, though. Its an extraordinary relationship. The pet gets locked in a cage for being bad and its emotions and outlook on life go to the shitter. Its beautiful because having been the pet, the range of emotions is reflected so well in the song. Somber, melancholy sadness and weeping(4:10 to 6:20).

Maynard's voice after this point is somewhat taunting.

(7:10 - 10:30)Then intense anger and rage towards yourself and the choices you've made, the consequences, and the way your life appears upon first glance back at it. You might go crazy at this point, bang your head against the glass, walk around in brisk circles, or maybe try to hang yourself with a tied up blanket. That would be the rest of the song. The first part is likely their (TOOL's) point of view and what it took from them as far as thought and emotion. Holding no quarter may have something to do with what it took in order to cross the barriers in order to see into this person's life. A question I have left to ask, is what point of view it was. Was it the camera? Was it my eyes? How did they know what I wrote on the bench unless it was high resolution(or whatever). Interpret the song for yourself as I have, but take this into account if you will. It is a beautiful masterpiece. They sculpted the song it seems to fit my experience. Locked in a place with no one, GO!(what he actually says, tho it could be locked in a place where no one goes.) Go! would be the desire to leave and start anew, or end your own life. We had no quarter would mean "we saw it"

That's my story and I'm stickin to it. I hope someone in the band sees it. They should know.

Live long and Perspire.

holy reality
02-21-2003, 05:45 PM
wtf are you talking about tomatoms you keep referring to your experience and how it fits but you don't say what that experience is, and i'm interested in hearing it, but i hope you don't think they wrote this song specifically to you lol..... remember it is a COVER OF A LED ZEPPELIN SONG, the lyrics seem a bit diff from glancing at them but still it's basically the same.........

and the message, you say you have gotten it almost audible, well how about posting that on a site so we can give it a listen? just stick a tape into your kariokee and record it, or whatever it is you are doing to it....

tomatoms
02-24-2003, 03:56 PM
lol

You see, i tried that. I wanted to show one of my friends back home so i stuck a tape in there, and the instant i pushed record, it stopped the karaoke from going. Beats me.
Listen man, I'm only reacting to the experience I relate the song to, and how it corresponds. It just so happens to correspond very well. I'm a reasonable person, i wouldn't dream this up for attention or to give myself purpose, or what not. (actually, maybe the last one.) The total track length, (11:00) corresponds to the very date (month/year) that this shit happened to me. I actually clearly recall etching those numbers in conjuntcion with my birthday on the cement slab I slept on that night. Another interesting fact (few tool songs end in even minutes like that) I came across the other day is that the total length of the album Salival (EP) is 74:00 (check it out). Add the numbers in the minutes and what do you know?? Could this be a reference to the importance of this track lenght? Possible., Its important not to rule out anything when it comes to this band. And remember what this forum is for. This is what the song means to me, nothing withheld. PLease respect that. Also, respect and trust all that i write is from the ehart and true to my experience with the song. That's all I wanted to convey. Honestly, I do find many Ultra-coincidences with thier music, also related to A perfect circle.

There is too much to ignore. Consider the possibilties. If you are truly a tool fan, you should be open minded to metaphysical possibilities. You should feel fortunate that i shared this account of my feelings for the song. There are more feelings for more songs, none are as strong as this.
I'm sorry I can't share my karaoke audio priveledges with you. It would be too much trouble, and frankly, I was over this "hidden message" long ago. I would have to get a audio-out connector and put it in my pc (my firewire doesn't work either) in order to record and put it out there. I don't want to be the one to spoil such an imacculate mystery for others. I know the pieces fit. Thats all that really matters to moi.

Thanks for reading tho.

: Show me something, Show me something. Thought I could make it end, thought I could wash the stains away. Thought I could break the circle if I slipped into your skin. So sweet was your surrender. We have become ONE. I have become my terror, and you my precious lamb and martyr(personality type C). Prison Sex OTRM (Over the raindbow) LOL

Thanks M, I will always be inverted, but i wouldn't have me any other way. I will always have you. This is a curse and a gift to my artistic mind.

tomatoms
02-24-2003, 04:02 PM
The lyrics from the original, superb Zep version which I adore, (I have 3 versions of it live, along with a video) is based on fiction, think Lord of the Rings or a great battle. A great difference between that and Tool's, who at most will stretch reality to an epic point in their songs. THe lyrics are a clever manipulation where it may seems they are similar, but they are only based on the original. They fit the scenario i have illustrated, (a true actual occurences, though the source of obesrvation is quite fictional in appearance) almost to a tee.

Maybe I have said too much. I'm done now. Take it how you will.

Live Lalalalong and prosper.

holy reality
02-25-2003, 10:26 AM
Again with the number 11...... how unsettling.....

and I still don't understand what "experience" you are talking about, you shouldn't talk about how wonderfully the song fits an experience and then not tell what that experience is. I guess you enjoy being cryptic like Maynard/Blair

moonburn
03-16-2003, 08:18 AM
actually the song is a little bit longer than 11 minutes. if it were actually eleven minutes long, then let us consider the amount of crap that can happen to a large number of people in a month.

a woman is raped every thirty seconds or so.
more than 10 thousand people die every day.

get what i'm saying? just because it relates to the month that sort of sucked for you doesn't mean it was meant for you.

is this message for one diehard fan that got the idea to press the karaoke button on their stereo- sorry. many people have done this.. not just you tom

and what about the song Jimmy? the number 11 is repeatedly used. if you are one in a million- then there are six thousand people in the world JUST like you.

TragedysEyes
03-25-2003, 06:57 PM
Sometimes the people in here can be so damned harsh. THis guy was just sharing what the song ment to him, and that it relates to a hard time he had, why does it matter about anything else? the last post was so...something. I think its pretty obvious he doesnt think the song was written FOR him....but you know coincidences that make you think? Why do we have to get so angry at people for realting to songs??? i guess thats never happend to you.....

-toolfreak

Valkyrie
03-28-2003, 02:32 PM
Actually, if anyone's read the other ...stuff...that Tomatoms has written pertaining to 'No Quarter' (and Tool in general), you should surmise that he has suffered greatly to the point that he has connected Tool and Maynard as directly communicating with him. This I find, personally, to be rather...illogical, but maybe he's just sensing something else higher than what we mere mortals can percieve. I mean..it's all part of our lord and saviour MJK's plan to contact the chosen ones. Tomatoms is one of those.

tomatoms
03-29-2003, 11:35 PM
LOL

I AM the chosen ONE.

heheheheh. Snicker Snicker Snack.

~still...still here....waiting....patiently~2

btw tomatoms2 (IM) if you have questions, answers, stabs, ill take it.

tomatoms
03-29-2003, 11:42 PM
it was a... heroic dose.

Of Hallucinogenic Chocolate Rabbit.
His name was peter until he met my small intestine.

"nasty big pointy teeth" -Tim the Enchanter.

Valkyrie
03-29-2003, 11:52 PM
Just a question...why do you believe TOOL is speaking directly to you, and that Maynard James Keenan would even give a flying fuck about you in the first place? You claim he's been watching you? Hmm...I'd call that very delusioned. You're seeing patterns because you believe you will.

First off...you had mentioned that...*cough*..."James"...has said during live performances of Stinkfist "Come on Tommy".

I hate to disprove a valid point here, but the lyrics are really taken from and Elvis Presley song, "Suspicious Minds". The line is NOT "come on Tommy", but rather "Caught in a trap".

Personally, I think you're suffering from desperate separation anxiety of some sort. With your world seemingly breaking down on you in the past, you've reached out to Tool, and "somehow" you find they've been reaching to you all along.

This reminds me of born again christians. Who...up until their....realization, didn't know that "Jesus had been looking for them all this time" When really their lives simply desire spiritual fulfillment.

Anyway...I agree with others that you should be talking to someone professional (or just someone you can confide in) about these little things you've noticed. Perhaps I'm being far too judgemental or something...

tomatoms
03-30-2003, 12:42 PM
you are being far too judgemental. I know I over-ranted and emptied out too much for people to actually consider looking at it from my point of view, because I probably do sound like a dillusional, cling-on dreaming....whatever the fuck. However, I feel so strongly that if you were to insert this little idea into some of the lyrics and ideas in Keenan's (Tool's, and especially APC's) music, you might find that the plot unfolds, leaving behind all that mysterious paradoxal poetry about who-knows-exactly-what. Given that I DON't know this man, at all, and that all that has been presented to me is what he would want me(and the rest of the lol "unchosen" fans) to hear in accordance with how he feels about the music himself, and what he relates it to.

Case in point, i remember reading about the break from tool and why he went to apc, and what the difference was between them, as far as the role he plays. It was something that strucka the nerve, as he said something like, "APC is me looking at a certain aspect of my life from a feminine perspective, as Tool would be from that dominant male perspective." About the certain aspect he said "if anyone knows what it is" with a smile, too, I believe. Don't take my word for this article, I could have been delusioning at the time, right? It should maybe be in the articles section, i don't care to sift through.

I'm not trying to justify my own little daydreams, but think what i have said to be the product of going and venturing into this escape, finding a little something in this extraoridnary collection of music that hits the spinal nerve too hard, and you may begin to wonder. My wondering didn't start with no quarter, but that song rather drove in the nail completely, I;m sorry to say. I don't think I'll ever be shaken on this topic. It will only be forgotten. It has been forgotten, as it is no longer a preoccupation. Put yourself in the Shoes I have described, Valkyrie, and you may yet see why I have wasted my time trying to get through to people who love their heroic musicians so much, they will not BEND, but rise up and try to squash me in the name of Identity disorder. BAH!!! I'm just fine, I haven't always been, mind you, but then again who is. I'm not saying "oh, identify the shit with me, pretty pretty please." all im concerned about is that you ppl out there take the music for what its worth, i know I have, and it has shaken and stirred me, but i yet remain unchanged by it for the most part. TOOL is made for the mind, and is a beautiful thing to encounter no matter if you can relate it strongly to your life, or if it becomes a retreat. Just sit back and enjoy the shit, don't worry about what it means, unless it calls your name, right?

I figured this would be a great venue for me to vent out all this technicolored excrement, Read the directions given for this opinion section. What it means to me? hmm...well where should I begin.. PPL just try and take it for what it's worth, and keep with the idea that I could be making all of this up to make ya'll hookigans see what aspect u've been missing from the "story."

Before you take a full stand, you should watch the 3 Libras video. It's CHOCK the fuck full of evidence to support my catharsis. Why a little boy, gee....beats me. WRITE!

tomatoms
03-30-2003, 12:51 PM
the only person i would, could, or would want to confide in with anything is myself. I am the only one who knows the whole deal, and how I feel about it, for another person to make judgements at me would only be detremental. Therefore, I was content to write in this forum to tell all you little roaches what the dealins'. It isn't that big of a deal to me, I think of it more as exorcising. "Caught in a trap, you can't hold out on me, you know I love you too much baby?"??
does it make sense? This lryic version from the break down is not from suspicious minds. I could be wrong tho. Check it out at deadohiosky, perth aus.

ObviousParadox
03-30-2003, 01:45 PM
apparently spelling isn't a big deal to you either...

anyway, instead of worshiping this type of music and believing that you are somehow being reborn from the ashes with it, go out and make your own, don't just sit on a tdn board and talk all about how everyone else are merely roaches, do something with it and create something...

tomatoms
03-30-2003, 07:58 PM
hmmmm,... i don't really care, to tell you the truth, I posted to give my full opinion in hopes that it would, possibly, enlighten some and express myself and the thoughts and feelings ive encountered while listening to the music. In that respect, I don't need help. There are too many coincidences

THE END

FUCK FILTER KEYS

hard2handle
03-30-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by tomatoms
hmmmm,... i don't really care, to tell you the truth, I posted to give my full opinion in hopes that it would, possibly, enlighten some and express myself and the thoughts and feelings ive encountered while listening to the music. In that respect, I don't need help. There are too many coincidences

THE END

FUCK FILTER KEYS

hey dude, i just wanted to say thanks for answering the thread question. we were all curious as to what maynard was saying so thanks for answering that. im not sure what everyone elses problems is but rock on dude.

tomatoms
03-31-2003, 12:17 PM
thanks