PDA

View Full Version : Some help for people trying to figure out this song...

mrman
05-04-2004, 03:10 AM
There are two thigns that have helped me understand this song much better... One is the last temptation of christ and the other is Bill hicks. Watch the last temptation of christ and try to find the actual moral or theme within the movie, not what its about or wat happens but the actual theme or it. Secondly this bill hicks quote can help you out a bit aswell:

"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. It goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride..." And we... kill those people. Ha ha "Shut him up." "We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up. Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This just has to be real." Just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. Jesus mudered; Martin Luther King mudered; Malcolm X murdered; Gandhi murdered; John Lennon murdered..."

Now this song is not about a particular person, nor is it necessarily about the person only. It is more about what the 'crowd' is doing to this person or martyr, and how they feel. Do not take all of the lines litteraly, most lines in this song are quite sarcastic. Well there are some clues have fun!

MrMcPheezy
05-04-2004, 03:20 AM
First off, I don't like you.

Second off, I don't see how this song relates to The Last Temptation of Christ. Please explain.

mrman
05-04-2004, 05:34 AM
First off, I don't like you.

Second off, I don't see how this song relates to The Last Temptation of Christ. Please explain.

Chill out man :|

MrMcPheezy
05-04-2004, 11:01 AM
Chill out man :|

What the fuck? Explain your point already. You've mention it twice, and never given any foundation for it, even after now that I've straightforwardly asked you to do so. Just do it already, or stop mentioning it.

mrman
05-04-2004, 04:53 PM
What the fuck? Explain your point already. You've mention it twice, and never given any foundation for it, even after now that I've straightforwardly asked you to do so. Just do it already, or stop mentioning it.

Have you seen the movie? Do you understand the themes and concepts of it... then if you do work it into the friggin song and if you havent, the watch the movie and figure it out for yourself... and the reason how i found this out is because when tool came to australia i was involved in a magazine that interviewed Tool... during that interview Tool talked about the song Eulogy and that it relates to the movie... so why dont you just chill the fuck out and watch the movie or draw up your own conclusions.

MrMcPheezy
05-04-2004, 04:56 PM
I've read the fucking book, and probably understand it better than you do. I'm sure I could draw my conclusions from it, but I'd still like to hear what you get from it, as well as anything the band members may have said on the topic.

Thrakandor
05-04-2004, 06:28 PM
I've read the fucking book, and probably understand it better than you do. I'm sure I could draw my conclusions from it, but I'd still like to hear what you get from it, as well as anything the band members may have said on the topic.
Much anger in him. Like his father.

MrMcPheezy
05-04-2004, 06:35 PM
I'm an angry fucking person, and this fucker just pisses me off.

mrman
05-04-2004, 11:38 PM

Man what the hell is wrong with you... if you are this disgruntled in life then you have some problems, especially if you are getting pissed off over a song. Like i said before, chill the hell out and figure it out for yourself you lazy bastard :)

MrMcPheezy
05-04-2004, 11:45 PM
Figure it out? There's no fucking right answer here, buddy. I'll draw my own conclusions about it, but I'd like to know what yours are.

AllforUnity
05-06-2004, 06:40 AM
l just realized this whole page is like an argument between the 2 of you. That's pretty interesting.

MrMcPheezy
05-06-2004, 12:18 PM
I think I'm winning.

Orph8998
05-06-2004, 12:56 PM
i think not, i think when you get hot headed over a form, and someone pisses you off on a form....YOU LOSE!

loser...

if i were you mrman, i would never tell, ever.

MrMcPheezy
05-06-2004, 01:02 PM
i think not, i think when you get hot headed over a form, and someone pisses you off on a form....YOU LOSE!

I think when you're a n00b...you lose.

DeletedMember
05-06-2004, 03:49 PM
Fighting on the internet is like running a race in the special olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded.

mrman
05-07-2004, 08:04 PM
Fighting on the internet is like running a race in the special olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded.

hahahaaha ah good call.

Anyways i didnt mean to come off like i was 100 % right or anything... i was merely trying to get people to look at the song from a different persepective. It seems like everyone here is really ignorant about tihs song and only looks at some of the lines such as "come down get off your fucken cross etc' and then automatically assume it is a song about Jesus or somethign similar to that

And then there are those people that believe its about Bill hicks... Thats fair enough but everyone that has said this hasnt even validated their claim sufficiently, only highlighting some aspects of the song and forgetting the rest. I am just trying to shed some light on the song and view it in a new way. Besides its just an opinion nothign to cry or get so worked up about.

g-bay-be
05-08-2004, 06:27 AM
hey guys... chill out

MrMcPheezy
05-08-2004, 07:33 AM
Hey. Shut up.

Orph8998
05-08-2004, 08:31 PM
you don't make friends well do you?

iknowmaynard
05-09-2004, 12:39 AM
mcpheezy vs. posse of n00bs...

Orph8998
05-09-2004, 10:24 AM
bring it on!

also, what is the break noob level?

iknowmaynard
05-09-2004, 01:54 PM
get a life.

ÆnimaticEnigma
05-09-2004, 04:21 PM
I think when you're a n00b...you lose.

I think anyone who says n00b is a fucking nerd. I mean when used to implement that much anger. n00b just means youre fucking new to something, we were all at one point. I think your a "l337157" nerd... that word is "leetist". Grow up.

Orph8998
05-09-2004, 06:08 PM
really, i've been a tool fan since undertow (i wish i could say opiate) but i never had a computer till about three months ago... but just cause i'm new to the site doesn't meen that i am a noob to tool. however, i am not going to get to serious about a form, all i know is that it made me laugh at the fact that some idiot got mad on a form....

that's all

paraflux
05-10-2004, 12:21 PM
Pheezy, it isnt your job to run noobs off of the board, what with your introduction lines such as "First off, I dont like you." Who gives a fuck if you like them or not. Your war on noobs is absolutely pointless. You dont like it when they dig up old threads, and you dont like it when they make new points already covered in old threads, and you dont like it when new points are made by new people. Is your existence on here simply to facilitate your brand of hostility via attacks on new people interested in the forum?

MrMan, I dont know what you meant about the LTOC being related to this song, because I havent seen the movie or read the book as our esteemed colleague pheezy has. But I understand the last paragraph of your post the best, and they are similar points I have made in the past. At least you thought about it instead of going OMG its all about JESUS!!!!1

Luna Galapogos
05-13-2004, 09:09 PM
Pheezy, it isnt your job to run noobs off of the board, what with your introduction lines such as "First off, I dont like you." Who gives a fuck if you like them or not. Your war on noobs is absolutely pointless. You dont like it when they dig up old threads, and you dont like it when they make new points already covered in old threads, and you dont like it when new points are made by new people. Is your existence on here simply to facilitate your brand of hostility via attacks on new people interested in the forum?

MrMan, I dont know what you meant about the LTOC being related to this song, because I havent seen the movie or read the book as our esteemed colleague pheezy has. But I understand the last paragraph of your post the best, and they are similar points I have made in the past. At least you thought about it instead of going OMG its all about JESUS!!!!1

MrMcPheezy
05-13-2004, 09:25 PM
Pheezy, it isnt your job to run noobs off of the board, what with your introduction lines such as "First off, I dont like you." Who gives a fuck if you like them or not.

If they don't care, then it's not worth discussing. If they do care, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Your war on noobs is absolutely pointless.

I agree completely.

Is your existence on here simply to facilitate your brand of hostility via attacks on new people interested in the forum?

I'm not only mean to n00bs, flux. I'm mean to almost everyone. You look at it as a me trying to push new people from joining, I look at it as an aspect of my personality that is brought to light here.

MrMan, I dont know what you meant about the LTOC being related to this song, because I havent seen the movie or read the book

You also don't get the connection becuase mrman has never bothered to explain his views on it.

Orph8998
05-14-2004, 06:23 PM
you shoudl go see the movie(or read the book) it is verry good, even if you dissagree with mramn's connection

deathoughts
05-14-2004, 08:57 PM
im on pheezy's side...

mrman sucks the cock...

lovely title "for people trying to figure out this song"

what the fuck is that..... oh thats right you know everything NOT

how is pheezy meant to think up the same fucking ideas as you

pheezy has a right to hate these kind of retards posting pointless shit on a dedicated tool site..

like no hate to anyone here im just putting a point through..

but there is a lost of pointless shit going on in these rooms we are merely holding our minds back by talking shit...

peace

deathoughts
05-14-2004, 08:58 PM
i kan spel

MrMcPheezy
05-14-2004, 09:20 PM
you shoudl go see the movie(or read the book) it is verry good, even if you dissagree with mramn's connection

I guess you missed the part where I said that I'VE ALREADY READ THE MOTHERFUCKER.

Orph8998
05-16-2004, 08:29 AM
i am aware, i tried to do a quote but if messed up, i was talking to paraflux...
and i guess you missed the part where he said he never saw it...

and as for Deathoughts, it was just an idea, being that maynard has not writin in stone what this song is about, this guess is as good as any. so it is not pointless for this is the point of the forms! idiot

wow, it is really hard to post an idea these days....
did you flame the guy who thought pushit was saying "she shit on me?"

MrMcPheezy
05-16-2004, 12:55 PM
and i guess you missed the part where he said he never saw it...

and I guess you missed the part where you posted right below me.

did you flame the guy who thought pushit was saying "she shit on me?"

Probably.

Orph8998
05-18-2004, 04:05 PM
well as i said, the quote fucked up, but none the less, i don't see why someone can't point something out they seem to be right, unless you are saying that the words "she shit on me" are in a tool song

Luna Galapogos
05-21-2004, 09:20 AM
Wow, I feel enlightened by this whole thread, in fact, I think that I'm going to go and shit on myself.

SmallWangedMan
05-21-2004, 10:25 AM
I don't understand what you guys are getting so goddamned worked up about, I thought this was a pretty good post.

ÆNIMA69
06-04-2004, 06:33 PM

good one man