PDA

View Full Version : Life and Living

JTCrace
04-28-2004, 05:28 AM
Recently I have come across some really amazing insights into the phenomenon called life.

In his book, "Excalibur Revisited (www.freezoneamerica.org for the download)," Geoff Filbert wrote a chapter called, "Life, Living and Experience Beyond the Physical Universe."

The basic premise of this and some other chapters as well is this: I live because there is life and essentially this has nothing to do with the physical universe. If one imagines life as a pool of spirit and then one imagines one's own personal livingness as an individual spirit, and then the physical universe as the backdrop for the play--one has seen what he is saying.

Sometimes I look around me, and I don't see bodies and objects and matter and such, I see life. It brings tears to my eyes, and a wave of relief washes over me. Knowing, like Maynard, that I am not alone but I am me and we all at the same time, never losing either.

An examination of life will yield the discovery of all sorts of primal conflicts: reality vs. affinity (otherwise known as hate vs. love), male vs. female, spirit vs. body, etc. The one I am referring to above seems to be "individuality vs. co-existence." The hallmark of any primal conflict is that each item cannot exist without the other--each mutually defines its opposite. But, they can be overcome and transcended.

For instance, take the conflict between being male and being female. It's the bisexuals out there who have overcome this dichotomy. If they can choose to be either, then they are ultimately neither.

Geoff says it's important for a person to realize that Life, Living and him or herself essentially have nothing to do with one another. The more and more I uncollapse these items within myself, the more free and expansive my choices become. Geoff has a lot more to say that some of you might be interested in. Not bad for someone who helped construct Scientology technology.

deathoughts
05-04-2004, 02:55 AM
word....

nice post....

i have been putting myself in a state similar to these ways you are talking about...

maybe not exactly the same but it changes your whole way of life...

i have more of a whole feeling which makes me feel like everything is just fine pretty much

of course mostly its not but i dunno....im just so thoughtful about everything and can sit back and be happy for things just being alive....

sometimes i try to envision things as plain particles...

sometimes i try and connect with people through minds...

all sorts of wierd shit...

its just a feeling of beauty i suppose... everything is well...

write back JTC i enjoy reading your posts...

JTCrace
05-04-2004, 07:18 PM
{+} I understand your difficulty in getting across the sentiment of "things still matter but I don't really care." There are a couple examples of this in my life:

1.) I am a drummer. I play quite a bit and practice my fucking ass off. I noticed that whether or not I had a successful practice session or performance was making or breaking my day. I then came to the conclusion that I liked playing the drums and didn't really give a fuck about playing the drums. Ever since, playing has taken on a lot more meaning.

2.) I am currently involved with a girl. We are what you might call "friends with benefits." She is 'good' friends with my former guitarist. I used to be really close to him, but we have lost touch ever since the break-up of our band about a year and a half ago. He is completely, sickeningly in love with this babe. I, on the other hand, only find myself in love with her from time to time. So, I have found myself in one of these wicked 'love triangles.' He's jealous of me because I'm actually physical with her. She uses him to make me jealous and she uses me to make him jealous. And you know what: I DON'T REALLY GIVE A FUCK! It's great, I get to share her company, and make love to her, and I don't really care what happens.

There is something between validation and invalidation: acknowledgement. It's like, if a crackhead comes up to you and tells you that crack is the greatest thing since sliced bread, you acknowledge him. You don't validate his statement: "I know--crack is great. Keep doing it man!" And you don't invalidate him: "What the fuck are you thinking you....you...you fucking stupid crackhead!" That's how I describe the "things still matter but I don't really care" sentiment. I am simply acknowledging the goings-on around me. This has a wondeful effect of bringing a person into present time.

{+} Seeing things as particles...that's fucking awesome. I remember coming across this exercise that Gotama Siddhartha recommends in the Pali Canon. He suggests going to a naturally beautiful location and sitting down. He then suggests making this spot absolutely beautiful. Then making this spot absolutely ugly. Finally, he suggests making this spot neither beautiful nor ugly. The way they did this last step back in the day was seeing everything as earth, air, fire and water. Nowadays making something neither beautiful nor ugly can be done by doing as you did, imagining everything as particles. The insightful thing is that, isn't that what everything is anyways? So, beauty isn't really out there, it's in here:)

{+} Communicating through minds? Here's what helped me learn how to communicate: http://www.geocities.com/littlefilbert/excal/excal03f.htm Just look at the processes, or commands and ignore any misunderstood words. If you do all of the processes that have to do with communication, well, it might help you communicate through minds.

{+} I enjoy your reading your posts as well and I also enjoy that you enjoy my posts.

deathoughts
05-06-2004, 05:54 AM
dude..... fuckin...like stop impersonating me...

i play drums...

am in a fucked up love triangle...

and listen to tool...

yes my day goes shit when i play shit

and i am getting to the stage of not giving a fuck about the girl but still getting the bonuses out of it

wierd shit lol.

the particle thing is a little far fetched, because what colour would they be and do we already see the particles and blah blah shutup i dunno what im talking about

anyway....as dumb as i have now made myself sound i am not going to bother trying to make a recovery...

tell me some more about your life.

peace

deathoughts
05-06-2004, 05:58 AM
sorry i cannot take the time in putting any effort into these posts.... its usually my bed screaming at me to present myself to it hahah...

but yeh you may one day recieve a giant ball of words one day i dont know...

i have lately been reading some things on black holes its trip..

oh and i scored a cool book from th library which im sure tool must have read....

its all to do with merkaba and outter body experiences..

one day i will separate myself

peace