PDA

View Full Version : Holy Experience

Enicoda
04-27-2004, 09:56 PM
I checked out some of the thoughts on this song, and granted, I didn't look at all of em, but most of them were just worthless ramblings about drugs or other irrelevant things. I just wanna explain what this song means to me. I'll admit, I watched the beginning of the video (with the chainlinks, or whatever kinda floating things that there were in the air) on mushrooms, and it was a trip, I'll tell you what, but that is beside the point. Alright, this is kinda a long story, but bear with me and I will try and get through it quick. So about a year ago, I became deathly ill. I was driving my car, didn't feel quite right, and I drove to the hospital. I found out that over some amount of time, my body had managed to lose about 3/4 of it's red blood cells, so I should have technically been dead. After going through lots of shit, the doctors say it is a virus, and they "fix" me. All's good, so I leave home (Montana) and go to school in Arizona. More time goes by, and I begin to not feel right again. So I go to the nurse practitioner, and get a blood count. They can't give me results at the time, so I go back to the dorm. I wait, and listen to music. I finally get a phone call, and get my results. I find out that my blood cells are gone again, and I am dumbfounded; I don't know what to think, I don't know what could be wrong with me, and I don't know if I will ever be better. At that moment I begin to tear, and start listening to the music... "Recognize this as a holy gift and celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality. Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal, all this pain is an illusion..." It was the end of Parabola. I just sat there and let it all sink in, and then the tears really began to flow. It allowed me to accept whatever was wrong with me, and look at life from a new perspective. We are eternal souls held in a physical body, and any pain we experience is just a small obstacle compared to eternity. That is what the song means to me, and it is amazing.

Orph8998
04-29-2004, 07:24 AM
deep, i can relate too. my house burnt down like two months ago and i was pretty pissed cause i lost absolutly everything i owned, every picture, every memory, it sucked pretty bad. then my parents got a divorce a month later. but i had gone out to re buy some of my stuff, (my bass, a tool collection, and what not) and i decided to listen to lateralus when i got home, and i must say that during this song i sarted to cope with the trouble. i relized that basicly anything that could happen would happen and the universe would keep expanding.
i must say your problem is a bit worse than mine, but i think they show the same point.