PDA

View Full Version : Something untouched.

hopelessfuckinghole
04-22-2004, 06:19 PM
I was thinking about the scene where he bisects the little guy. I think he wants to find out what makes us work, if there is a soul or not. When tricky opens him up he just sees flesh and bone. So he searches for the meaning to it all, in which he finds it and opens his chakras.
Another thing, has anyone thought about the tentacles under trickys eyes?

Raev'n
05-30-2004, 05:32 AM
Yeah I have a. Wonder what they for? ESP?

Cyanide ChrYst
07-23-2004, 09:56 PM
Yes; they represent a sixth sense.

And he cut the little guy open just out of curiosity. You can see it on his face. I'm sure it doesnt represent anything...Adam was probably like "hm. We have seven seconds to do something else." so they threw that in. It doesnt mean anything. Tool doesnt sit around a table and make every single scene meaningful.

Raev'n
07-24-2004, 11:24 PM
So the tentacles represent a sixth sense? Of what? Maybe they were just put there because they looked cool... "Tool doesn't sit round a table..."

elusivEuphoria
07-29-2004, 11:05 AM
Ok then what about the diamond shaped bumps on the back of his head?

Just a side note since im new, i would just like to say i think Parabola is the best Tool video yet. It holds true to the song on so many levels... it took me about two times through to see it all cuz i was baffled by a few odd things... the tentacles being one.

93kings
08-05-2004, 11:35 PM
I feel that the antennae, or tentacles, represent a defiance on the part of Tricky's character, as do some of his actions. I guess I believed this because the way they float in the ar seemingly defying natural law, though in this video nearly everything does. I recently wrote an English thesis on this video - I had a very liberal, and cool instructor. Not that this makes me some sort of an expert on the subject, but I spent more hours than I care to remember watching and rewatching the video, reading books on Kundalini, Kabbalism, Taoism, etc. But it was all worthwhile.

Anyway, my point was that I had not considered the antennae to be a type of conductor, but it makes sense. Note what Tricky is doing and the level at which his antennae 'levitate.' I feel that Tricky looking out the window, oblivious to his compadre's demise, represents a meditation. In this regard, the antennae could be a conduit for tantric energy. The tree seems to enlighten Tricky, (see: Kabbalism's tree of life -- see also: Natural Science's philogenic tree of life and or logical realm of possibilities), but I guess that's another post.

Well, sorry, I got a bit off your initial subject. I feel that the bisection seems to be significant of a confrontation of mortality, making Tricky understand the balance between life and death, but I think that balance is one the key elements in this video.