PDA

View Full Version : Observation of "Eulogy"

Pitts
04-20-2004, 07:33 AM
I haven't heard b4 that this song was about Jesus till now, I've always thought that this song was about the lead singer of Snot. Anyone know the real meaning?

SadSummerSea
04-20-2004, 08:40 AM
Lead singer of Snot? More so than it was about Kurt Cobain? *

All I know for sure is that this song takes on the qualities of a real good Thunder Storm.

AllforUnity
04-22-2004, 06:44 AM
This song is about the same thing Reflection is about, just in an earlier form. This song is about your ego, yourself. "He had alot to say, he had alot of nothing to say, we'll miss him." Would seem like something anyone would say about themselves, not to narcissist of a statement, yet not really putting yourself down. This song is about cruicifying yourself, your ego. Getting rid of the ego to start over new.

dischordance
04-22-2004, 08:00 AM
This song is about the same thing Reflection is about, just in an earlier form. This song is about your ego, yourself. "He had alot to say, he had alot of nothing to say, we'll miss him." Would seem like something anyone would say about themselves, not to narcissist of a statement, yet not really putting yourself down. This song is about cruicifying yourself, your ego. Getting rid of the ego to start over new.
Excellent interpretation. It's what I've always thought.
"To ascend you must die, you must be crucified..."
It doesn't get more obvious than that, man. And that ties it in with the rest of the album, too. Especially H.'s "I have died, and will die, I don't mind"...
I think Eulogy, and the rest of the album, is about killing the old self to give birth to the new. Probably over and over, until an ideal is reached (if it is reachable).

reedc33
04-22-2004, 09:19 AM
I think Eulogy, and the rest of the album, is about killing the old self to give birth to the new.

Tell him what he's won Bob! The trend continues on Lateralus where we celebrate our Humanity/Divinity "right here, right now"....

AllforUnity
04-22-2004, 11:01 AM
Yes, very good. And correct...l feel like it's not a matter of opinion anymore, that once you reach that point of meditation and concentration you just know.

EvilWeasel
05-17-2004, 06:52 AM
Excellent interpretation. It's what I've always thought.
"To ascend you must die, you must be crucified..."
It doesn't get more obvious than that, man. And that ties it in with the rest of the album, too. Especially H.'s "I have died, and will die, I don't mind"...
I think Eulogy, and the rest of the album, is about killing the old self to give birth to the new. Probably over and over, until an ideal is reached (if it is reachable).

this is exactly what i allways thought.... it's all about losing your old self, until you become the ideal "you"... with this ideal... i believe it is self-actualization... as it is, many believe it to be unreachable.. i don't know if that is true, the only person that is known to be truly self-actualized is jesus... but as you all know, he was a "fool marytr..."

IC
06-04-2004, 08:02 AM
giving up your old self to start anew..
aenima- spiritual cleansing.
love the play on words this album is scattered with

ÆNIMA69
06-04-2004, 06:53 PM
i had never though about this song in that way, or made that connection between Reflection and Eulogy...but it does make sence