PDA

View Full Version : Message to the Fans, Part III

Hurt
11-19-2002, 09:26 PM
Many people think of the songs "Swamp Song", "Hooker with a Penis" and "Ticks and Leeches" as being messages to fans to back off, think for themselves, and to stop draining the band. I think Maynard's Dick is the same type of message. Yet, a very different one. "Hop on Maynard's dick, and ride it down Tool's long, strange trip."

CalfMan
11-21-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Hurt
. "Hop on Maynard's dick, and ride it down Tool's long, strange trip."

Actually he invites us to slide a mile, six inches at a time. which would be thousands of short trips over and over the same material.

;)

CalfMan

ragna16
11-23-2002, 10:15 AM
5280*2=10560 trips to be precise.

I hear this song and it doesn't sound like a song telling anyone to back off.

Delirus
11-25-2002, 11:41 PM
Its belived the song was from their early days befor opiate even so how could they be telling fans to back off if they didnt have any yet?
hooker with a penis is about selling out, how stupid the term is. tick and leeches doesnt sound much like telling people ot back off, its to angry its more of an emotion. ive always seen tool as a sort of music surealist, the subconciouse and emotional rather that what you brain tells you the world is. if you understand surrealism you might get my point. mynards dick si like saying take a journy with us or about nothing at all just a song from their early days.

bmeason
11-26-2002, 01:49 AM
This is actually a great song. The only acoustic set I have heard from tool at all. Great melody and an awesome, and catchy chorus.

I agree with it being a passion and thought provoking attribute to listening and getting their messages from their songs.

Maynard's dick is his life force and ideas, keep going over them and let the ideas mutate your opinion to a better one...

"It's all open center"

It's all out there for you to grasp....

"Kinda like the way you keep running away"

Keep running away from the ideas but if you listen and understand, they will run through your veins like water.

Leave it to Maynard to stick an idea to you in the most comical way ;)

Remember to smile, stay positive, and be creative.

-Bryan Meason

Jerk off
12-03-2002, 11:46 AM
I love this song, It probably one of my favorites.<not that I could ever pick> I like the very beginning it so melodic. It almost sounds like APC till it hits the chorus, but the best part is the ending. The version I have has burps and armpit farts. Its great!

MW

stalkingbutler
07-16-2003, 05:01 AM
This song is definitely one of my favourites.Even people who hate the band can listen to this song and enjoy it, my only gripe would be that you have to cycle through LAMC to get to it.