PDA

View Full Version : HWAP on Undertow?

PilotCorsair
01-11-2003, 10:42 PM
This song (Hooker with a Penis) to me seems better fitted on the Undertow cd, except for the time you might need between Ænima and Opiate. Other then that it has the same type voice as intolerance and swamp song, where as on the cd Ænima most of the songs are speaking their individuality to me anyways.

Plus, Ænima has songs that are more centered around bass/guitar work like 46&2 jimmy, pushit. Or maybe thats just what stands out to me most on the cd. Oh well Just my opinion.

xSaveXmondaYx
01-17-2003, 11:38 PM
i think it sounds more like a Ænema song feel to it. although the whole screaminf of it gives it that undertow feel to it but hey we will never know.....

the reverend
01-18-2003, 03:08 AM
I kinda agree with Pilot. Hooker with a Penis does have that rawness and heaviness that is present more so on Undertow then on Aenema, but I think I prefer it on Aenema because adds a nice heavyness liek a wake up call for songs that follow like 3rd eye and Aenima/.

Xanadu
01-23-2003, 03:02 PM
I agree with the Rev here.. iT kinda goes against the grain, you hear and your like "woah".. i know I was blown away.

TheInsideSource
02-06-2003, 07:03 AM
Hooker With A Penis is a raw song, which fit's with Aenima's raw sound, while Undertow is more of controlled aggression, it doesn't have that much of a raw sound.

4th Eye
02-08-2003, 10:14 AM
Maybe it don't fit on Ænima, but I like it in the middle of the album. Same as Ticks & Leeches on Lateralus...

4th Eye
02-08-2003, 10:20 AM
Forgot to tell...
Carl Jung's term "anima" means a crossdresser, a male who tries to be female = Hooker With A Penis?

Another thought that HWAP fits on Ænima...

Termite
02-15-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by 4th Eye
Forgot to tell...
Carl Jung's term "anima" means a crossdresser, a male who tries to be female = Hooker With A Penis?

Another thought that HWAP fits on Ænima...

Naa, I think that's wrong. In Italian, anima means spirit. I think we all know what an enema is. The A and the E are combined, and now we have a spirit fuck.

4th Eye
02-16-2003, 03:12 AM
I don't know about the Italian translation.. Maybe Jung used it as his own word meaning something else.

Here's something about it:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cathytg/anima.htm