PDA

View Full Version : Stinkfist 3minutes 26seconds

Tully
01-11-2003, 10:24 PM
What's Maynard say at the 3 minute 26 second mark? It sounds like "Light" "Pride" or maybe "Cry"

Dv8ingNME
01-12-2003, 06:08 PM
iThink he might be saying "right", i dont know why but that is what i have always thought.

Spoon
01-13-2003, 12:14 PM
From what I've seen live, I think it's "ALIVE"

not sure though....I've seen concerts where he just yells, or yells "What" or "Alive"

drumaster
01-18-2003, 06:44 PM
I thought he always said something along the lines of "I"...just the letter or as a beginning of a new sentence "I...-lyrics-"

Penguin
01-18-2003, 07:48 PM
It's "alive".. check the lyrics section :P

Circus Minor
01-23-2003, 08:04 PM
He says, " white lies, going through my mind" A song from an 80's new wave band..dont know who though..

The Huntsman
01-23-2003, 09:25 PM
I hear whispers, such as "relax, relax, relax, right...," or perhaps "deeper, deeper, deeper," et cetera.

Also, I had heard that White Lines was an Elvis song.
I also heard that White Lines was covered by a more recent band, possibly the 80's band previously alluded to.
I'm unsure.

However,
I just downloaded a live Stinkfist, and the bridge lyrics are quite clearly,

"White lines, running through my mind...." -;
which, leads me to believe that during that particular performance, his scream/utterance may have been a very high-pitched "White!"
Or not.
It's still my favorite song, and the word that guided me in.

Valkyrie
01-23-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by The Huntsman

However,
I just downloaded a live Stinkfist, and the bridge lyrics are quite clearly,

"White lines, running through my mind...." -;
which, leads me to believe that during that particular performance, his scream/utterance may have been a very high-pitched "White!"

What's the date of that performance?

The Huntsman
01-24-2003, 11:05 AM
Good morning,
unfortunately I have no idea when the performance happened.

Also, my conclusion regarding the "White!" was influenced by the overwhelming blast of white light that accompanied the scream.

"White lines, running through my mind/ White lines, running through my mind/ White lines, feeling fine..."
Is this from the Duran Duran cover?

I really prefer the hip-swaying accompanied by,
"Why can't you see, what you['re] doing to me, I know you'll love this so much, baby!....It's just, not enough..."

The Huntsman

StinkfistJEff
02-04-2003, 06:10 PM
relax, relax, relax, this feels riiiiiighhhht (right)

and the yelll your talking about I think is I or Lie

Nirvana
02-09-2003, 01:02 PM
yeah i think your right about that

PEACE!!!