PDA

View Full Version : Tell me everything you know

Over The Rainbo
01-11-2003, 09:04 PM
I thought i had a good grasp for what some of the tool songs meant but after reading what some of you have to say i have begun question everything i thought i knew. So tell me your theories, ideas, thoughts, experiences, understandings rambles, and quandries. i want to find out as much as possible.

George Bush Sr.
01-11-2003, 09:23 PM
read all the books in the reading list and then read the bible backwards on a swing set at a day care center.

Over The Rainbo
01-11-2003, 10:04 PM
serious replies only please

George Bush Sr.
01-11-2003, 10:18 PM
reading is the only way you are going to find out anything about tool. read. read. read. like all of us had to do.

Over The Rainbo
01-11-2003, 10:38 PM
i was just talkin about the bible thing, i am currently reading
bob frissel

George Bush Sr.
01-12-2003, 08:44 AM
everyone on the message board did the bible thing

demiurge
01-27-2003, 08:18 PM
Try taking a few hits of acid. I'm not saying that drugs are absolutely neccesary to understanding Tool, but they definitely help. So much of their music has been influenced by the use of psychoactive drugs.

Metatron's Cube
01-28-2003, 04:34 PM
The most informative things in understaning tool for me have been:

Sacred Geometry
Basic Math (to understand parabola and spirals etc)

Reading Holy Blood, Holy Grail and The Templar Revelation has helped me to understand at least ten tool and APC songs(especially older stuff)

Read Jung, websites will do for basics.

Read TDN Opinion forum

This is a good start, this will give you a good foothold and allow you to understand a good portion of the lyrics.

Anyone esle know any particuraly good books for understading a good percentage of tool all at once?