Let's Me see 3

As be-low so A-bove and Be-yond I i-ma-gine 13

Drawn Be-yond the Lines of Rea-son 8

Push The En-ve-lope 5

Watch it Bend 3

whoooooooaaaaaaaa

jpmanson
04-16-2004, 06:01 PM
you are a genius.. did you figure that one out just now?

drone007
04-16-2004, 07:58 PM
no, it's not my idea...

haha I told my friend to come and look at some of the opinion page here and he just IMed me with this website he found on the internet. http://www.bofe.org/overthinking.htm

i have no idea what the website is about, who wrote it, etc. but it's a really cool finding on the song :) I plan to look through the rest of the song to see maybe what else could be there

¿Calin?
06-12-2004, 06:50 AM
I'd have to argue, the fibonacci sequence is 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21 etc following with the last 2 numbers adding up to make the next one.. therefore it goes on and on.

Ill admit the first 6 lines do match up (Although they could be organized in different lines that would still fit maynards ununciatiaion i.e. black, then white are, all i see, in my infancy - which in that case wouldnt add up). But even after you get past those 6 lines the sequence doesnt continue.. isn't it a little far fetched that to say just because the first 6 digits (1,1,2,3,5,8) in the fibonacci sequence are mirror'd, that they were doin it on purpose? It seems more like a coincidence. I love the idea anyway but i think maybe its just interpretation..

juniortour
07-05-2004, 12:06 AM
I noticed while reading an interview (link below) that the Fibonacci sequence is referenced one other way in the song. Danny's drumming goes 9 beat/measure, 8 beats/measure, 7 beats/measure, then starts over. A working title for this song was 987. Well, 987 is included in the Fibonacci sequence. My guess is Danny came up with the idea first, with the beats/measure, and Maynard tried (and succeeded) in using the sequence in the vocals. I wonder if Adam or Justin used it at all...?

http://cdicarlo.com/paper_04maynard.htm

LP|Stang
07-14-2004, 10:15 AM
*blinks*

De Ja vu?

Cyanide ChrYst
07-23-2004, 09:00 AM
Werd, I also figured out there were four members in TOOL just now.

Er...wait. Did the toolfaq tell me that?

thundergod
07-28-2004, 02:51 PM
I noticed while reading an interview (link below) that the Fibonacci sequence is referenced one other way in the song. Danny's drumming goes 9 beat/measure, 8 beats/measure, 7 beats/measure, then starts over. A working title for this song was 987. Well, 987 is included in the Fibonacci sequence. My guess is Danny came up with the idea first, with the beats/measure, and Maynard tried (and succeeded) in using the sequence in the vocals. I wonder if Adam or Justin used it at all...?

http://cdicarlo.com/paper_04maynard.htm

yeah, the 9 8 7 thing is in the chorus and you count to 9 during over thinking over and then start over and count to 8 analyzing and then count to 7 and it starts over

Divine_left
07-30-2004, 06:06 PM
yeah, the 9 8 7 thing is in the chorus and you count to 9 during over thinking over and then start over and count to 8 analyzing and then count to 7 and it starts over

Thank you, Colonel Redundant.

Leon5465
08-15-2004, 01:56 PM
Check out the second verse. I just figured this out and posted it in another thread.

Black (1)
Then (1)
White are (2)
All I see (3)
In my infancy (5)
Red and yellow then came to be (8)
Reaching out to me (5)
let's me see (3)
There is (2)
So (1)
Much (1
More and (2)
Beckons me (3)
To look through to these (5)
Infinite Possibilities (8)
As below so above and beyond I imagine (13)
Drawn outside the lines of reason (8)
Push the envelope (5)
Watch it bend (3)

Divine_left
08-15-2004, 05:03 PM
I thought that had been established years ago...