PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite Adam Jones solo?

untilwepineaway
01-11-2003, 06:03 PM
Mine would have to be the one in Third Eye. Its bursting with emotion, listening to it gives me goose bumps. The way Adam uses his slide and throws in all those high notes all over the place (a lot like in Aenema) just completley moves me in a way I can't explain.

Discuss...

the reverend
01-11-2003, 07:16 PM
The one that comes to mind is the 4 Degrees solo just after the last chorus.

But only because its the only one i can play... :(

PRSDragon
01-19-2003, 10:53 AM
As of right now, my favorite solos from Adam have to be the solos from Reflection, Triad, Lateralus, and Third Eye.

I think they all have tons of emotion in them. The solo from Lateralus always gets my adrenaline flowing.

AnemicRoyalty
01-24-2003, 10:09 AM
Triad, Lateralus, and Pushit

Penguin
01-26-2003, 10:35 AM
At 11:53 in the album Third Eye.. it's soooo awesome

porcelain anima
02-13-2003, 03:38 PM
i like reflection and the interlude to schism... i guess that's not really a solo but it's still really cool

Slave#1
02-16-2003, 04:19 PM
I'm not sure what time during the song this one starts, but I could find out. I've heard third eye so many times...it all just seems to flow together for me...

It's played with a lot of heart and soul. I like that.

crow011
02-16-2003, 07:44 PM
call me simplistic and easily pleased, but i quite enjoy the one note solo in "lateralus" . . . it just sounds awesome - then the sliding bass thing cuts in . . .

being a guitarist, it also makes me feel really clever knowing i can play the solo just as good as adam . . . :P . . .

peace and blessed be . . .

crow011 . . .

Merkaba
03-15-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by crow011
call me simplistic and easily pleased, but i quite enjoy the one note solo in "lateralus" . . . it just sounds awesome - then the sliding bass thing cuts in . . .

being a guitarist, it also makes me feel really clever knowing i can play the solo just as good as adam . . . :P . . .

peace and blessed be . . .

crow011 . . .

there isnt a one note solo in lateralis(us). check tooltabs.net

my fav is in triad, third eye, and lateralis. he plays with his gut as he says, thats prob why it flows so good.