PDA

View Full Version : Hooker with happiness

drone007
04-14-2004, 12:26 PM
Has this been discussed already? Honestly I can't remember whether I heard this somewhere or I thought it up lol. But anyhow, I'm pretty positive that this is just what the title is meant to be.

If it is common knowledge then I won't go into my explanation... is it?

AllforUnity
04-15-2004, 06:42 AM
All of TOOL's "Fuck you" (so to speak) songs always have a pretty to-the-point meaning.

g-bay-be
04-16-2004, 08:39 PM
hooker with happiness. uhh yeah. well you are wrong dude... You have to take a step into the deep end. here we go

hooker with a penis... Maynard is the hooker. he sells you part of him in a sence, and all you know about him is what h sold you. all you know about the hooker you pick up is what she sold you. whether that be a cd or a quick thrill.

drone007
04-16-2004, 10:40 PM
well since no one seems to say that they've heard this idea yet, let me elaborate...

hooker with a penis
hooker withha ppiness
hooker with happiness

true, in the spirit of the song, maynard is a hooker. a hooker being someone who sells themselves to others to make a monetary profit. that's exactly what bands do. especially maynard, assuming that he writes revealing lyrics that tend to be about himself or his consciousness. he is a hooker. but he's a hooker with happiness since he's selling his music and making himself feel good through it. there's nothing negative about their music, even this song itself. like he has said in the past lateralus tour, anger is perfectly normal and healthy, assuming you can do something positive with it.

when you think of a hooker, you think of someone with a low self esteem, psychologically damaged and trying to fill a void in their psyche by selling their bodies.

maynard is a hooker with happiness though.

i think it's another play on words which is ever so popular with tool lyrics.

AllforUnity
04-22-2004, 06:53 AM
Well maynard is also a male. l think Hooker With A Penis is just saying that Maynard is a hooker but he has a penis. Not to mention TOOL's meaning goes alot deeper than everyone thinks. They're trying to help us, they're trying to help the world out. TOOL is planning for things in the future...Just wait.

Ask Alex Grey.

shi wei hsi ming
07-20-2004, 11:17 AM
well since no one seems to say that they've heard this idea yet, let me elaborate...

hooker with a penis
hooker withha ppiness
hooker with happiness

true, in the spirit of the song, maynard is a hooker. a hooker being someone who sells themselves to others to make a monetary profit. that's exactly what bands do. especially maynard, assuming that he writes revealing lyrics that tend to be about himself or his consciousness. he is a hooker. but he's a hooker with happiness since he's selling his music and making himself feel good through it. there's nothing negative about their music, even this song itself. like he has said in the past lateralus tour, anger is perfectly normal and healthy, assuming you can do something positive with it.

when you think of a hooker, you think of someone with a low self esteem, psychologically damaged and trying to fill a void in their psyche by selling their bodies.

maynard is a hooker with happiness though.

i think it's another play on words which is ever so popular with tool lyrics.

I completely agree with you on this one. This is just one more layer of depth. Funny enough, being a happy hooker is the best that any of us can currently hope for. We all have to sell ourselves or starve. Seems like being happy with the process is an integral part of transcending the system.

I don't think Alex Grey would have a problem with this thought. He's selling his work and is probably pretty happy about it.

Hope this isn't taken the wrong way. It's only a thought, afterall...