PDA

View Full Version : Brain's Triad

ÆnimaticEnigma
04-12-2004, 03:02 AM
Okay, I'm putting this in here merely because of the noted fact that it is 3 songs not one, otherwise this would go with Triad...

Paul Mclean (? on the last name) was a man who, around the middle of the last century, said that our brain is not one, but three brains.

I think this triad is most fitting, because the CD does refer to a whole lot of ascending, expanding, or basically, taking your brain to a whole new level. Maybe these songs aren't about it, but it seemed to interesting not to put up...

Triangular_Vision
05-06-2004, 11:09 PM
Disp.Ref.Triad are (i believe) intended to represent a spiritual revolution w/ the band as a whole. You can see earlier progressions from opiate on up. In disposition i see maynard beginning to make sense of all of the over lapping patterns of life (in nature and such) he is asking for anything to show him the way ["mention this to me, mention something, mention anything, and watch the weather change"]. Here i beleive he begins to meditate on the beauty of life which brings us to reflection. Reflection referrs to the minds refelction (projected double, spirit, inner child, dream body). Alex grey talks about buddist teachings that relate the mind to a mirror. The nature of mind and the mind are two different things. The mind is every day thoughts, this that, who what, and the nature of mind is similar to the mirror, it has the infinate capacity to reflect anything. If you read the lyrics of reflection, they are quite self explanitory, while referring to deep meditation. Triad i think is the bands way of expressing the happiness and excitement followed by their experiance.... this is just a brief example and i want to go to bed, please ask questions so i can clarify later... sorry./