PDA

View Full Version : reading books....

g-bay-be
04-10-2004, 12:19 PM
You know if you have read anything by fitzgerald,The great gatsby, you would see symbolism out of the wazooo. If you have read Scarlet Letter by nathaniel hawthorne, you would not only see symbolism but lines that have a direct connection to half of this freaking cd.

SO as I read more and more posts about lame ideas of "patient" means. Or if they are talking about a hospital person I invite you all to look at it as "symbolism." There is another literary term you guys might be familiar with. a "Pun." It means a play on words with multiple meanings. let me give you an example. "watching the tornado BLEW me away." the meaning of blew could be used in the context that the tornado put me into a state of awe. OR that the tornado literaly blew me away. The patient is also a Pun. As in the patient the verb. or a patient in a hospital.

The song the patient not only speaks of being in a hospital, "Giving blood", but it also says "wait it out" which would imply being patient.

so imply and infer what you must but take a step back and enjoy the music

Undertolerance
05-05-2004, 08:01 AM
Interesting thoughts there, like I have placed in another post about this song, I feel that is about life in general and how you must be patient for things to pay off or go your way. I have learned this personally lately, and it truly helps to be thusly and things will be so much better. So as you said he is using "pun" for the word meaning something different if you look at it at a different angle, under a different light.