PDA

View Full Version : Lyrics

ÆnimaticEnigma
04-09-2004, 07:39 PM
Okay, I was just very lightly convinced that maybe these lyrics on the site aren't straight from MJK... if so... (I know this is farfetched as shit) think about this

"All this pain is an illusion"

Possibly

"All this pain is an allusion"

It sounds more Tool to me, mostly because it'd leave a huge gap for theory and wonder... Yeah that's my stoner thought for the day

AllforUnity
04-09-2004, 11:09 PM
l'm not sure about that...

l do agree that the lyrics aren't straight, of course.

l kind of think the part in Prison Sex isn't "released in this sodemy"...l think it might be "released inside of me."

ÆnimaticEnigma
04-10-2004, 02:13 PM
yeah i was thinkin the same thing, i was gonna post it up but i'm takin it one Q at a time...

ÆnimaticEnigma
04-14-2004, 12:59 PM
i only say that cuz i just read a book that used it 340490823 times and then i heard Parabol and I was like hmmm.... so yeah...

AllforUnity
04-22-2004, 11:25 AM
Well, "All this pain is an illusion" fits the song alot better than "All this pain is an allusion." lt doesn't make as much sense.

Raev'n
05-27-2004, 02:10 PM
Not trying to be argumentative AllForUnity but i beg to differ:

An Illusion is a sensation originated by some external object, but so modified as in any way to lead to an erroneous perception; as when the rolling of a wagon is mistaken for thunder or an unreal image presented to the bodily or mental vision.

But

An Allusion is a figurative or symbolical reference or a reference to something supposed to be known, but not explicitly mentioned; a covert indication; indirect reference; a hint.

So reading between the lines (he he) Allusion would actually make more sense in a way because it is figurative language. But seeing as this to be true an dknowing what Tool is like I would say it is: All this pain is an Illusion. Jus because it talks about the physicalities of it all.

That's my 3 and a half cents worth :)