PDA

View Full Version : Cold and Ugly,jerk off live?

Braydon
01-10-2003, 03:37 AM
is there a studio recording for jerk off or cold and ugly anywhere i'd like to hear what they sound like

the reverend
01-10-2003, 07:09 PM
Im pretty sure there isnt.
You can always try searching for it on Kazaa or whatever...
But why would you want studio versions in the first place when the live songs rock so much??!!!

Shadowfax
01-10-2003, 08:38 PM
If there were studio versions, I think they would have been the ones on the album. But I like the live versions the way they are...and I enjoy those random comments Maynard throws in there, heheh :-p

PilotCorsair
01-11-2003, 10:04 PM
one of my friends who's big into music, (he usually knows what he's talking about) well even a live song for a cd has some studio work to it, so what we get is basically a hybrid of a live recording but fixed a little bit such as most live songs sound hollow no matter how much base you have on.

Melkari
03-14-2003, 01:44 PM
I know for a fact that there's a studio version of Jerk-Off. Hell, I had the studio version before the live version off of Opiate. It's not a great studio recording, however, since it was more than likely just a random recording of it instead of a prepared recording. The live is still better, in my opinion.

Yes, you can find the studio version on Kazaa. Yes, it sounds slightly different. Yes, it's definitely Tool.

jpmanson
03-14-2003, 02:27 PM
there is a demo version of both, there was a demo album in 91, it had jerkoff, cold and ugly, sober, hush, part of me, and crawl away. i have all the songs from it, i think i got them from www.lachrymology.com

jpmanson
03-14-2003, 02:38 PM
and i like the demos a bit more than the live versions off opiate. especially the one for cold and ugly.

maynard almost(but not quite) sounds like he did in CAD in that version, i think that may be what i like about it.

idontmind462
03-28-2003, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by the reverend
Im pretty sure there isnt.
You can always try searching for it on "KAZAA" or whatever...
But why would you want studio versions in the first place when the live songs rock so much??!!!

Wow. Let's avoid that word.

DisgracedEffigy
03-30-2003, 07:23 AM
Live songs can be incredible and, they can suck. It all depends on where, who, and when the recording was... er... recoreded.