PDA

View Full Version : Tool DVD from Lateralus Tour?

illusion33
01-09-2003, 12:29 PM
I have heard speculation about a DVD being made from the current Inside the Outside tour, and coming out as soon as spring 2003. I had the privelage of seeing the show twice and one of the times I had front row in Indianapolis. It was by far the greatest concert i've saw. If anyone has any info please post.

volcano lance
01-10-2003, 12:37 PM
I think thats all the information that anyone has or wants to share at the moment

vl

the reverend
01-10-2003, 06:49 PM
Erm..
I think you need to start posting here more often illusion.
The upcoming Tool DVD has been the most highly anticipated release for Tool fans since Lateralus.
Check out past posts or Toolband for more info.

kette
01-12-2003, 09:02 PM
Anyone else dying for the live DVD release? When, when, when?

I don't usually whine, but I saw them a bunch of times this tour, and it was definitely worth recording and releasing.

Can't wait!

SmileyGladhands
01-12-2003, 09:14 PM
I agree. I'm pretty psyched for it myself. H. and Third Eye were played alot this tour. i'm going to be thrilled to have a copy of it.

Dr.Strangelove
01-12-2003, 09:18 PM
I've never seen Tool live, so this DVD is going to be monumentous fro me.

48&2
01-12-2003, 09:27 PM
hmm....maybe I should buy a dvd player eh?

kette
01-12-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Strangelove
I've never seen Tool live, so this DVD is going to be monumentous fro me.

seeing it all together is something else. for people like yourself who haven't gotten to a live show, seeing the visuals that were there (Alex Grey's art was amazing) and how they fit with the music is gonna be something else. every time i hear certain songs i picure the visuals in my head anyway.

it's gonna be so badassed.

Oh! and i am gonna be really pissed off (and when i say pist off, i mean jealous that i didn't get to see it myself) if "The Patient" makes it on to the DVD. i never saw it live myself, and i checked the setlist here on TDN every night while they were on tour, and i think they only played it during the last 2 or 3 gigs on the tour.

I hope, **ARE YOU LISTENING DVD COMPILERS???** ahem, I say I hope that the "live hidden track" (AKA an encore) they played in Reno makes it onto the DVD as an Easter egg. that would also rock real hard.

bringerofbasses
01-12-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by kette
Oh! and i am gonna be really pissed off (and when i say pist off, i mean jealous that i didn't get to see it myself) if "The Patient" makes it on to the DVD. i never saw it live myself, and i checked the setlist here on TDN every night while they were on tour, and i think they only played it during the last 2 or 3 gigs on the tour.

They played it at the Phoenix show...and that was like...the 6th to last show, I think? Yes? No? Too lazy to check..

kette
01-12-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by bringerofbasses

They played it at the Phoenix show...and that was like...the 6th to last show, I think? Yes? No? Too lazy to check..

you're probably right. I just know that they didn't play it on the east coast at all.

a useful idiot
01-12-2003, 10:22 PM
To those with broadband and have no dvd player.

The best decision you can make is buy xbox... i'm not trying to advertise it or whatever, it's just that it's really neat when it comes to dvd and games. No lag online.

even if you dont like games, its still cheaper then a dvd player... well most. Plus you can put your cd's in there and play them in 5.1 surround sound

Croteau
01-12-2003, 10:30 PM
Kette, i know this isnt the place for it, but they played the patient when i saw them in new haven connecicut in august

kette
01-12-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Croteau
Kette, i know this isnt the place for it, but they played the patient when i saw them in new haven connecicut in august

i must have just missed it then. baahhhhhhhh...

Professor Frink
01-13-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by 48&2
hmm....maybe I should buy a dvd player eh?

Indeed.. I've been wanting to pick one up for a while, but this release easily pushes me over the edge ;)

btw, it looks like the played The Patient at 3 or 4 of the last 6 shows.. I can't wait to see that, we didn't get it in Syracuse on the summer tour and it's one of my favorite songs.

nickknocker
01-13-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by kette

you're probably right. I just know that they didn't play it on the east coast at all.

nah...i saw it in boston on august 16th, and im pretty sure they played it at most venues (but what the hell do i know?)hehe

Chuckhawk
01-13-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Croteau

Ah, I was there too. Did you hear me yell "aaaahdamnit" when they started playing Opiate (instead of third eye) after the whole "think for yourself, question authority" bit?

Don't get me wrong, opiate is good pie, but its no third eye.

JPW1046
01-14-2003, 12:25 AM
I saw them play the Patient at both shows I went to, in Phoenix and Tucson. The Phoenix show was better.

Anyone know what the whole 'Where does AL sleep' 'I am perplexed' stuff on the Toolband website newsletter means?