PDA

View Full Version : Paradigm Shift: Rephrasing

Machiavelli70
04-01-2004, 03:37 PM
"Saturn ascends the one, the ten. Ignorant to the damage done." I haven't quite wholly grasped the meaning of this, but thinking about it in another way (Saturn is ascending the "one and ten", whilst Saturn is ignorant to the damage done.) I know that Saturn is generally representative of hard times to come, so maybe the hard times being ignorant of the past opens up new doors of thought?

I really haven't congealed all my ideas about this, and I was wondering if you all might be able to help me examine this new facet.

corps d'allumen
04-21-2004, 08:41 PM
"Saturn ascends the one, the ten. Ignorant to the damage done." I haven't quite wholly grasped the meaning of this, but thinking about it in another way (Saturn is ascending the "one and ten", whilst Saturn is ignorant to the damage done.) I know that Saturn is generally representative of hard times to come, so maybe the hard times being ignorant of the past opens up new doors of thought?

I really haven't congealed all my ideas about this, and I was wondering if you all might be able to help me examine this new facet.
It makes me wonder how serious you are, since this post was on April Fool's Day...

In light of 'hard times to come,' you must put it in relation to their music as a whole. Ænima was a bad album in the bigger picture. It totally fried everyone's brain into 'figuring' something out. (Really, it's yourself that you are to figure out.) The 'time to come' is their new album, and the choice to be pulled under AGAIN or to be spit out renewed is all up to the listener; (The listener is) ignorant to the damage done. The listener can either take it at face value and truly listen to what 4 people are trying to tell them, take that message and better Themselves though a little bit of help, or they can keep on frying themselves trying to find the 'answer.' The ænima most everyone got turned into a poison, and sadly, only Tool has that antidote now.

The whole personal feel of the album relates to this, like the shroud has been removed; "here it is, very clear." Do people take it that way? Just read some posts about all this la-te-ra-lus chemistry nonsense, or any other rants about the great mystery which is Tool. What a farce. It says it all right in front of everyone's face but no one listens... This has become more of an amalgam of ideas way beyond just this song, and I don't think this was what you were looking for, but I hope it helps in some way;)

corps d'allumen
04-21-2004, 08:45 PM
BTW, this says it all in my opinion.

Dig Me

It’s here I sit and rust amid this ruin and rancor like tire irons
Toothy grills and car parts before me...the acid rain floods my
Floorboard, burns my pores, and rots my upholstry.. once I was
Worshipped, polished magnificently, now I lay in decay by the dirty
Angry bay...

I’m ready to leave
I wanna get out of here
I’m ready to ride away
I don’t want to die in here
I’m ready to ride

Mmy skin is metallic now, no longer an elegant powder blue... my body
Unhinged and sleeping in the jungle of motor block manifolds and metal
Relics... what was deluxe becomes debris, I never questioned loyalty,
But this dead end demolishes the dream of an open highway...

Dig me...but don’t...bury me

King Crimson

AllforUnity
04-22-2004, 11:18 AM
My personal opinion on that part is that you're going to be ignorant no matter what, to the damage done, and like always there is damage to come, but you will be ignorant to that as well.

corps d'allumen
04-23-2004, 12:05 AM
My personal opinion on that part is that you're going to be ignorant no matter what, to the damage done, and like always there is damage to come, but you will be ignorant to that as well.
I have two questions about your opinion, if I may... (Well, I'm asking anyway lol)Do you feel that ignorance is inescapable? Are we born into ignorance, like original sin, and damned for eternity to an existance of stupidity? Maybe I am just not understanding what you're saying...

Machiavelli70
04-25-2004, 07:10 AM
I was approaching it more from a vocabulary than interpretation standpoint.