PDA

View Full Version : Hush (THE FUTURE)

crazypsycho6666
03-25-2004, 03:02 PM
All right,
in the song Maynard says
"I can't say what I want to, even if I'm not serious. Things like.... Fuck yourself, kill yourself, you piece of shit. People tell me what to say, what to think, and what to play. I say..."Go fuck yourself, you piece of shit. Why don't you go kill yourself? Just kidding. "
couldn't have he predicted the future.
OKKK
he knows that this is his first cd and many more are soon to come.
he also knows that he might write some things that people would not agree with.
could this song be a warning to people who do not like and accept his lyrics? could he mean that his lyrics should sometimes not be taken too seriously?

AllforUnity
03-25-2004, 04:29 PM
When you listen to it, it sounds more like "l CAN say what l want to."

Polish_Rides_The_Spiral
01-30-2007, 02:37 PM
logical

The Cyfre
02-15-2007, 05:10 PM
I've always taken this song as Tool speaking out against the censorship of music. The video for this particular song does show them with their mouths covered, if i remember correctly, which is a dead-giveaway in my eyes. The things they would like to say to the authorities who make the decisions are things like "go fuck yourself," etc..I don't think he is speaking specifically for Tool, but for musicians whose art has been oppressed throughout the years.

I do not agree that Maynard somehow "knew" this was all going to unfold as it has. I am sure he thought he would likely write things people didn't like, and i'm sure he thought "they can fuck themselves." I'm sure he still feels that way. I do too. It doesn't make me psychic, just makes me smart.

ShadowLine
02-20-2007, 11:47 AM
for me he wrote it with a general comtempt for cencorship for all forms off expression. also bill hicks could've influenced this song as he got censcored alot when he went on david letterman.

chris
x

rudyyyy5
02-25-2007, 09:38 AM
I really don't think that Maynard wrote these lyrics as a prediction for the future. How would he know what he was going to write about in future albums and how people would react. Instead I think he must have been writing about how people react to what he said at the time he wrote it. I'm sure he had some controvercial ideas way back then also.