PDA

View Full Version : Maynard playing guitar.

En Sabah Nur
03-24-2004, 02:59 PM
ehhh. Didn't know if you all had seen this picture yet, it's of (what looks like) Maynard playing guitar at one of their concerts. Surprised me when I saw it.
Anyway, it's up on the Alex Grey site (the guy who did the tool art work on Lateralus) Again, you all may have seen this before. But incase not, I guess people who haven't will see it for the first time;
http://cu2so4.com/a/2l/17.jpg

Astralnaut
03-24-2004, 03:07 PM
Maynard played guitar during Triad when I saw their concert at the Richmond Colliseum. I'm sure it wasn't the only time he's done it.

En Sabah Nur
03-24-2004, 03:14 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought. Probably not anything serious (hard to play), like when he plays the bongos or something. Just playing a short little diddy or a piece of equal difficulty.

GAiDEN-CHaKRa
04-26-2004, 10:08 AM
holy shit they look like they put on one awsome fucking show. shit i wish i didnt miss the lateralus tour. but yah i heard about maynard playing guitar, he does too during maynards dick doesnt he? the headless guitar hehe

AllforUnity
04-26-2004, 11:41 AM
Yeah he plays guitar on that song. He played guitar throughout the whole concert last time l went. And yes...they always put on one hell of a show.

GAiDEN-CHaKRa
04-26-2004, 07:21 PM
i CANNOT wait til they tour again. any ear on anything from the new recording yet? i hear its a two cd... hmm...

Chris_Brightwell
04-26-2004, 10:05 PM
Maynard played guitar during Triad [...]
Except that they're not playing Triad in that picture (notice the missing septogram).

Odds are they're playing Schism, which Maynard played part of at all five of the Lateralus shows I attended.

Andy DV
04-27-2004, 12:18 PM
Yes, I recall Maynard playing during Schism, Triad, and Reflection. I also saw him pick up a guitar for a short time at a recent APC concert, but I don't remember the song. I want to say 'Thinking of You', but that's probably wrong.

Echoghost
04-27-2004, 01:42 PM
Well, that's cool. Maynard didn't play on Lateralus itself, did he?

Andy DV
05-10-2004, 01:53 PM
Highly doubt it. I reckon AJ did all the guitar work for the album, since if memory serves me Maynard isnt credited for any on the back of the album.

The Outlaw
05-23-2004, 12:50 PM
on april 22nd maynard played guitar for The Noose at an APC show in toronto. he played a guitar without a headstock. i was really surprised. and i'm also really surprised to hear he was playing guitar for some tool songs....especially since aside from triad, second guitar is not needed in any.