PDA

View Full Version : Baptism...

svet-am
03-23-2004, 09:10 PM
just go back and re-listen to Flood in the context of the emotional/spiritual/physical context of a baptism. It may not be right, but it's a pretty interesting perspective.

AllforUnity
03-25-2004, 04:46 PM
l've never been to a baptism.

g-bay-be
04-20-2004, 08:31 PM
uhh well dude, maybe you should give examples through the lyrics to support your theory. If you will that MIGHT lead to a semi inteligent convo

AllforUnity
04-22-2004, 06:37 AM
l like the idea that the instrumentals are apart of the concept of a flood. lt rains alot before it actually floods, just like the whole 4 minutes and 40 seconds worth of instruments.

AllforUnity
04-22-2004, 10:57 AM
Why?

AllforUnity
04-22-2004, 11:38 AM
Yeah, you're right. People get baptized at a young age to cleanse their spirit. l think it's rediculous, because they're too young to even know...but still. As you said, they're like the same concepts.

AllforUnity
04-26-2004, 11:24 AM
Well l'm not sure about that. l was not baptized, and ironic, bad things don't really happen to me very often. l'm not a "bad person." l don't drink, do drugs, smoke. l don't really sin very much (besides premarital sexual encounters...but hey, we all do that.) l know alot of people who have been baptized that have it worse off than me, and who are not as good of people. Well, they're all good people, just do bad things.

Undertolerance
05-06-2004, 12:23 PM
I still feel that saying that Flood and Aenima are just about 'water' is just looking at the surface. One really need to dive into them to see what more they can mean. BTW allforunity nice work slipping in a little of my feelings and what the beginning of flood means ;).LOL. Anyhow I do see how the water element comes into play, although I see them as meaning something much larger.
Here comes the water. (The shit has hit the fan)
All I knew and all I believed are crumbling images that no longer comfort me. (what was believed in so strongly was in fact false and untrue, be it religion or just personal thoughts)
I scramble to reach higher ground, some order and sanity, or something to comfort me. (Get me out of the shit storm, basically. I feel that line explains itself)
So I take what is mine,and hold what is mine, suffocate what is mine, and bury what's mine. (Hiding away your own thoughts and belongings so that no one else can take them from you)
Soon the water will come and claim what is mine. (An outside force that comes in to take away everything that you hold dear to you)
I must leave it behind, and climb to a new place now. (Realizing that it is just 'stuff' or 'things' and that it really has no meaning)
This ground is not the rock I thought it to be. (Again the false feeling of support, be it religion or a person or place)
Thought I was high, and free. I thought I was there divine destiny.(That person, place or thing that made you seem like everything was just great and awesome)
I was wrong. This changes everything. (Opps, the support was false)
The water is rising up on me. (The shit hammering continues, pulling you under)
Thought the sun would come deliver me, but the truth has come to punish me instead. (The sun being a guiding light to the 'truth' and higher ground. Yet the real truth is that the sun too is here to teach you yet another lesson about your 'Rock')
The ground is breaking down right under me. (Your own thoughts and feelings are cast aside to embrace the new truth and see things for what they really are)
Cleanse and purge me in the water. (Give into the change for you cannot fight it forever, not really defeat but acceptance.)

So as you can see even within my own inerpretaion of the songs things don't mean anyone thing, if you follow. They are written to be taken many ways, by everyone, and the same person. Look at the big picture (to quote Anavell Gato) read between the lines and around them. See the image within the image, all things can been seen many ways. Let this murgle in your minds.