PDA

View Full Version : More Hidden Voices

FuckingCode
01-06-2003, 04:18 PM
Don't know if anyone else has notices this, but listen about 3:35 into the song. After Maynard sings "watch it bend..." a loud (but extremely muffled) grunt/mumble voice can be heard in the background.

PearlForum
01-17-2003, 03:59 PM
sounds almost like a sigh or something, good ears.

Duke
02-03-2003, 08:22 PM
When I heard this muffled roar, definately Maynard, I started to pay more attention to it. I am nothing close to confident, yet when I hear that roar, it sounds like "...urrrrahh I can feel the water..." then Adams guitar. That doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the lyrics, so hopfully someone reads this and hears what I missed.

note: Headphones and a particular brand of enhanced awareness, revealed to the listener hidden layers of the song( by design ) that you would otherwise have no reason to listen for. HDCD compatible players are your only medium to experience this album.

Just so you know

holy reality
02-04-2003, 03:45 PM
what are hdcd players?

plexus
02-25-2003, 10:45 PM
hdcd = high definition CD .... im dying to hear lateralus in this.... BUT ANYWAY

that 'roar' that youre all hearing is just a little squeal from justin's bass strings... thats all. i love the sound of his bass...

futile
03-02-2003, 11:47 PM
all it sounds like to me is i high squelch from a guitar....like there fingers sliding up or down the strings. the only thing that sounds lyrical is the word "bend" is doubled up. like after they recorded it that copied it, then put it over the original sound layer...so it sounds like more then one person saying it. once again nothing spectacular, artistic technique.