PDA

View Full Version : Meaning to me

psims23
03-20-2004, 11:38 AM
Now Im sure that this has all been said before but I think that The Patient is focusing on life's tests. As a musician, I realize that it doesn't all come to me right away. Nothing does. If you want to acheive some sort of milestone if your life (the rewards we reap) you have to be patient iwth it. You cannot simply give up because the path is tedious. Maynard is reassuring us that there ARE rewards to being patient, otherwise patience is meaningless and pointless (certainly would've walked away by now). This song is a reasssurance song. Wait it out, sometimes during the most struggling points in our lives, we have to remind ourselves that it will be worth it. You'll either grow as a lover, a muscian, and/or a person. Just wait it out :)

Odradek79
03-21-2004, 12:07 AM
now if i was a child bred in the machines arm i might say that a bee is the head held high christ of the new youth. what can a child hold? it holds its beasts and it holds its realizations though they may swim a sorry swim held up to the light but no one sleeps and no one lies awake worrying about these things. what do we worry about? maybe someting here, and if something here then what of it? well we can say that its burnt, we can say thats its drowned, we can say that it reminds us of a pogo stick.

but there is no child, the child is long dead, become part of a tree, long decayed and long fascinating. ok so shoud we let the child drown us no matter how hard he trys even if its not hard at all? should we plagerize the psychos in order to take a fatal state out of the beasts belly which is tomorrow which is insecure which is tomorrow which is insecure?

in short what should we hope for? a beast? why? what is the beast asking for? it asks for nothing but itself. in this lies the paradox.

LEARN.2.SWiM
03-24-2004, 06:11 AM
Now Im sure that this has all been said before but I think that The Patient is focusing on life's tests. As a musician, I realize that it doesn't all come to me right away. Nothing does. If you want to acheive some sort of milestone if your life (the rewards we reap) you have to be patient iwth it. You cannot simply give up because the path is tedious. Maynard is reassuring us that there ARE rewards to being patient, otherwise patience is meaningless and pointless (certainly would've walked away by now). This song is a reasssurance song. Wait it out, sometimes during the most struggling points in our lives, we have to remind ourselves that it will be worth it. You'll either grow as a lover, a muscian, and/or a person. Just wait it out :)

yah i really agree with that, i never thought of it like that, but it makes a lot more sense, thanks ^_^

AllforUnity
03-25-2004, 06:19 PM
Read up on some old posts.