PDA

View Full Version : Neurology

Adulation Ache
03-20-2004, 01:43 AM
I just saw something interesting on T.V. yesterday...it was about neurology and
the structure\evolution of the brain...It just happened to remind me of Lateralus...
alright let me try to explain: first off, as we're born our brain can perceive only shadows and contours...hence 'black then white are all I see in my infancy'(obviously)...then as the brain starts maturing we begin to see in colors...
we aquire a whole new level of perception...(this is all obvious shit which everyone should know)...Now each one of us has a different DNA Spiral lodged inside our brain...our DNA is shaped by various things...controlled influences and uncontrolled influences...like say, during a difficult birth our brain might imprint that event into our strand of DNA thus changing the way we're wired for our whole lifetime...Stress, anxiety, traumatic disorders...this all affects our DNA in subtle ways(that's why some people are more susceptible to schizophrenia from birth on, although lots of it also has to do with genetics)...well what I'm trying to get at is this: those are all mostly uncontrolled influences that we could not do anything about...but get this, we can 'gain' or 'add' links to our DNA spiral, links that no one else has reached...we can acquire whole new levels of perception...
we can evolve(and obviously apes have done it in the past) a new state of mind...gain a new state of consciousness...and in my opinion this relates at least somewhat to the song LAteralus(of course this is just my 'opinion' and no one has to agree with it and I wouldn't expect anyone to agree with it...) >But hey, to me the 'spiral' in the song symbolizes our DNA Spiral and by 'riding it to the end' meaning to acquire a new level of consciousness 'we may just go where no one's been'. So to me this song is about evolution of the mind and how we as humans have the ability to go to that next reality, to take that next step into the unknown...remembering that there are infinite possibilities....So evolve people and expand your mind....Peace

neochrist
03-20-2004, 01:50 AM
"Overthinking, Overanalyzing seperates the body from the mind."

Blue10
03-20-2004, 02:39 PM
that line kinda contradicts everything this forum and tool is about.
think for yourself, but don't think alot?

MORNING_GLORY
03-20-2004, 03:07 PM
I've read about this before, it makes pretty good sense to me. I like the way you related it to Lateralus, except I've never heard that we're born color blind.

jpmanson
03-20-2004, 03:20 PM
ive read shit like this before, and having at least a little understanding of genetics and DNA, i will not pay much attention to it one more time.

.TP
03-20-2004, 04:53 PM
nice thought, is probably one of the most simple interpretations of the song i´ve ever heard. nice.