PDA

View Full Version : teddy

Ahristos
01-06-2003, 04:54 AM
"jimmy" has always been my favorite song. Even back when I could barely understand what the lyrics were. Last year I lost almost all of my friendships and was really depressed. Of course I listened to lots and lots of Tool. One day as I was listening to "flood" something clicked and all these lyrics started to make sense to me. The lies I told myself started to crumble and no longer comforted me. I decided I'd go to therapy and learn to swim rather than always running from the rising waters (I imagine they symbolize love 'cause in english class that's what water always symbolized). In therapy I had to learn to take care of the emotionaly abused little boy that I had left behind in my struggle not to feel. Like many of you have said I think "jimmy" is about finding that inner child 'cause he/she is wondering where the hell you've been.

so, how do you thank a person who's shared himself with so many people and in doing so helped you change your life for the better?..... oh yeah, post something on a message board on the net.

Maynard, thank you so much for helping Teddy see that my feelings are not stupid and worthless and that I'm a good kid.

- teddy