PDA

View Full Version : Rediscovery

Luna Galapogos
03-19-2004, 01:49 PM
I always thought that at the beginning of this song, when talking about drugs, he was talking about them as a medium in which to find yourself. I believe that the song is about understanding, realizing, accepting, and becoming one with both your ego and your alter-ego (your 'shadow'). It is a song that I think is talking from the point of view of the parts of himself that he accepts as himself trying to understand why the master (Maynard in this case) refused to accept the other parts of him. When at last they come back together, he "finds out who he might have been" by becoming that person with the union of ego and alter-ego. I don't know if I agree with using drugs for this, but I think that he is saying that we should use drugs as a medium for doing all of this.

I think that this fits in with 'stepping through the shadow' and 'rediscovering communication.'

I don't know if this is in any way a new thought. But, make any statements about revisions, differing ideas, blah blah blah about it.

Metamorphosis
03-19-2004, 02:07 PM
thanks for shedding new light on this song. have you read my interpretation of it in 'Ænima Theory'? its kinda similar but it involves a person.

Luna Galapogos
03-19-2004, 03:18 PM
thanks for shedding new light on this song. have you read my interpretation of it in 'Ænima Theory'? its kinda similar but it involves a person.

I've never read, I suppose I will. But yeah, I didn't know if anyone had ever said anything about it like this before. I'm glad that they didn't.

Liquid Ashes
04-26-2004, 02:28 PM
When i posted about this song my interpretation was kind of similar. I talked about how you would destroy yourself if you didnt become one with yourself and divinity. I think that drugs can help to show you the way... or open a gate, you just have to figure out how to use them as a means for understanding, and make the journey back yourself. When you talk about him accepting all the parts of himself I think that also has to do with getting rid of your ego and helping yourself to ascend to a higher place. Thanks for the post.

Luna Galapogos
04-27-2004, 10:22 AM
I haven't meditated before, so I don't have any idea what that can do for a person, perhaps it would be the best way to ascend because then you are relying on a state of mind where you are using determination, conscious thought, and you are willing yourself to do what you're doing.

I took acid, only once, I might try it again if I get the chance. I had an out of body experience, I saw things from a totally different perspective, and as they say, perspective is everything. It changed who I am, the way I think, it really did open my eyes. So I understand the usefulness of using a drug to open the gate, but I don't think that it would be the best way to "ascend." I think that drugs such as LSD are mind opening, but they won't help you get past who you are, you have to do that yourself. No amount of drugs will change your being or spirit or matter or chromosomes, or whatever it is that is supposed to be ascended. I think that drugs are only there to help bring people back from being two to being one.

Also, any christians that don't believe they should be smoking marijuana or eating shrooms, (I am a christian), the bible says to use the plants and animals to better ourselves, or at least something on those lines. I don't know the verse, my point is just that it is not a bad thing to. Just don't be a dumbass using them or about the way you use them.