PDA

View Full Version : stinkfists meaning

judis
01-05-2003, 12:13 PM
Stinkfist...is a very transparent song it may have many different meanings....being too deep within something..being a struggle..etc..I feel the meaning is simple..and a bit more open than most...I think the song tells of a primal need for another...to feel them...from the inenr depths of thier soul...this is often reached through pain..or whatnot...pure pleasure, and peace in another..be it through any means...I think this is about finding such peace through such said means...but like a drug the effects slipped away...so now..they yearn to feel that same peace again..but each time its like a tolerance is being built....it takes more and more..until finally there is nothing left..but decay...and perhaps the death of that feeling....i'll keep digging til i feel something.......that is what causes the end of said feeling...this song speaks in this way to me first hand...since i have been in said situation before...all is never enough sometimes...whiich is typical of humanity, and human habit..This isnt a mere.."i feel this is this"..this is me simply saying how this song has spoke to me... and how it will continue to do so....the video i have downloaded like all videos...like almost every song...and none speak quite as much to me as this one...on a personal level.....aenima..being my faveorite album...other than undertow...then lateralus..then opiate...then salival..tool has been a major influence on my life...my music....my writings....and always will be..justw anted to add a thank you.

ghostdog22
01-08-2003, 02:16 PM
i can dig it man, for reals. i wrote the same thing, well same feeling towards the song anyways. i think that this song is my favorite out of all the songs. i can dig it the way they dig into our asses with all this wonderful stuff. Thanks for everything TOOL!!!!!!