PDA

View Full Version : Ladder-all-us

RacecaR123
12-31-2002, 05:42 AM
I'm not sure if this has been posted before, it's kind of a stupid assumption but i'll theow it in anyway. the word lateralus if you separate the syllables could say:

"Ladder- all- us"

meaning maybe to take us all up the ladder? the ladder to heaven, the next reality, another dimension, the ladder within ourselves we need to climb to become one with ourselves?? who knows...

let me know what you think if anything, i realize it's a little far fetched...but hey it is Tool.

bringerofbasses
01-05-2003, 11:47 AM
Not a bad thought, but I'm still confused with the title. I usually pronounce it as "Ladder-alice". But from what you say of the syllables, and when I look at the logo art, it makes me wonder if it isn't "Lateral-us".

Hm...sounding it out, is easy...typing it, is not. Heh. I just try to sound it out according to what the logo art says, "la te ra lus". Bah, I'm just getting all confused now...lol. But an intriguing observation, nontheless.

Maguspiral
01-31-2003, 01:59 PM
I dont know if ladder-all-us is what is meant by the titel, but the overall album seems to be much like a ladder to the final track being the Voice of God. The begining starts about by telling us to "let go", followed by Maynard telling us to "be patient." The title track seems to be the moment that we the listener are transformed and the following three tracks are almost like enligtenment to me, and finally the final track which stands for the Voice of God. However, that is the most confusing part to me, because Fiaap Di Oiad is really just a hoax. Its almost like we were taken on this whole beautiful journey to meet God who is just a hoax.