PDA

View Full Version : New Thought/Compilation

ÆnimaticEnigma
03-12-2004, 12:38 PM
Okay, if you've read "The Golden Spiral" threads, you'll see it incorporates the Fibonacci Sequence into the song. This pattern was also used in Scott Joplin's most famous works, the drum part of the Mission Impossible 1 theme song, and countless other works. That's only music; Da Vinci used it in every painting I think. The reason for this is: The Fibonacci Sequence is the MOST aestheticly pleasure pattern. If you've ever seen the artwork with multiple boxes of different sizes and they are all colored in a variety of mostly red, blue, yellow, and whites, this is the Fibonacci Sequence staring you hard in the face.

In my opinion, the colors (Black and White are all I see in my infancy, Red and Yellow...) are either to make you think about those colors and aesthetically soothe you, or they may be the beginning of the universe (it was all black... etc.) When I hear the song, so many colors go through my mind at different parts of the song, and it's relaxing. This may be used to just keep relaxing you until you (possibly) reach a state of hypnosis, whether it be Alpha or Beta (uhh see a hypnotherapist for more info on that). This whole album seems to have an undertheme(or whatever) of transcending and reaching a new state/plane of mind; to find reach a higher level. Maybe Lateralus is just trying to transcend you into the new level. If you've seen them live on the Lateralus Tour, you'll see that with Lateralus, they use two spirals on opposing sides. I think that's the Fibonacci Sequence come to life(don't think so? do a Google Image Search on Fibonacci Sequence, or Golden Spiral).

That's my opinion... what do you guys think??? Keep posting