PDA

View Full Version : our body is light, we are immortal

RandyPan
11-19-2002, 06:54 PM
I have been a Tool fan for quite some time. I've seen them four times -- once on the Ænima tour and three times following Lateralus. Merkaba is certainly one of the highlights of a show. I've only heard it live once, at my first show as an intro to Sober and it was shortened. Nonetheless, I find this is a beautiful song to focus on when I'm driving at night. The trance-inducing rhythms and meditative vocals can overwhelm me at times. I hope Tool will move toward this kind of feel with their next record. As a sidenote, does anyone know if the person who's speaking on this song is the same person who is speaking at the end of the hidden track on Undertow? The "You woke up in your ditch and your color was green" guy.

The Border Line
11-19-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by RandyPan
As a sidenote, does anyone know if the person who's speaking on this song is the same person who is speaking at the end of the hidden track on Undertow? The "You woke up in your ditch and your color was green" guy.

I'd be surprised. Maynard insists that the hidden track at the end of undertow is his landlord, Bill, who left that message for him... As to the validity of that, I don't think anyone outside of Tool will ever know.